Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again was looking for some 1156 LED headlight bulbs, but there are many options to select from. Would appreciate some recommendations from those who have experimented on the subject.

·
Registered
890 Posts
If you type "LED bulbs" in the search bar atop the page it will give you links to previous threads on the subject.

Here is a good example of an earlier discussion:

Willy

·
Registered
450 Posts
I put these in my Case 446. Nice thing with the led’s is very little heat from them. Not so hard on the plastic lenses.
I’m not out at night with the tractor, so can’t really say how good they are. But they look nice in the daytime with them on.
If you putting them in where I did, I painted the inside of the buckets with chrome paint. Helps brighten things up weather you use standard bulbs or led’s.
Case 224 has standard bulbs and glass lenses. I put new plastic lenses and led’s in the Case 446

Noel

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
I’ve had these in two of my tractors for a few years now. I’m very happy with them and they keep the original look. Also won’t melt the plastics lenses.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We just installed pod lights to replace the 1156 light, bucket and lens. Amazon $18 for a pair of MIC-LWL-142 lights. Placed on inside of the grill, drilled 4 holes and had to add a ground wire.
No need to cut the openings, and I think the Speaker lenses can still be installed to make it look original - although we have not tried that yet.
They are very bright compared to the 1156 LED bulbs we tried.

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,613 Posts
We just installed pod lights to replace the 1156 light, bucket and lens. Amazon $18 for a pair of MIC-LWL-142 lights. Placed on inside of the grill, drilled 4 holes and had to add a ground wire.
No need to cut the openings, and I think the Speaker lenses can still be installed to make it look original - although we have not tried that yet.
They are very bright compared to the 1156 LED bulbs we tried.
Could you please post a pic of your light installation.
Keep the Peace
Harry

·
Administrator
2,613 Posts
Wow, that's some serious light! Thanks for posting the pics.

Keep the Peace
Harry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow, that's some serious light! Thanks for posting the pics.

Keep the Peace
Harry
They are 18 watts each - so only draw 3 amps total. Very pleased with the install, but time will tell if they last long. Only have about 3 1/2 inches from the grill to the muffler heat shield on this tractor, so some of the other same size (width & length) pod lights may be a problem if they have a 3 inch depth over the heat sink fins. These are 1 1/2 inch total depth from face to back of the heat sink fins, so we are hoping that the extra air space will help keep them from getting too hot from the muffler & engine. Not trying to keep the original 1978 look, so probably will not put the Speaker lens in, although they are very nice like new condition.
Ken

·
Administrator
2,613 Posts
They are 18 watts each - so only draw 3 amps total. Very pleased with the install, but time will tell if they last long. Only have about 3 1/2 inches from the grill to the muffler heat shield on this tractor, so some of the other same size (width & length) pod lights may be a problem if they have a 3 inch depth over the heat sink fins. These are 1 1/2 inch total depth from face to back of the heat sink fins, so we are hoping that the extra air space will help keep them from getting too hot from the muffler & engine. Not trying to keep the original 1978 look, so probably will not put the Speaker lens in, although they are very nice like new condition.
Ken
I sent you a PM Ken.
Keep the Peace
Harry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts