Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

In 1965,in March I think,my Father who was a J.I.Case dealer got in his first garden tractor,it was on display in the dealership and was demonstrated,I even got to run it,I was 11 yrs old.Eventually it was sold,and I lost track of it,but 30 years ago I found it,and tryed to buy it from the second owner,he knew I had a attachement to it,as someone from my dealership told him.So the price was high.I didnt purchase it and it went into storage.
One day I talked with this gentleman,and mentioned lets get together on the little Case,he agreed,and I went up in price,and he went down,I brought it home.I paid to much for it,but those things will happen.
The little Case is home
I will keep you all posted
Ande
ps
If the picture doesnt post in this,I have a picture in the gallery

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
It looks great for being 46 years old. The deck belt guards are missing and so are the grille side panels. Those can be bought from Steve Guider (Horton20) . The axle seals are leaking but so are the ones on my 130. Not a problem to replace. You have a great little project tractor there with memories that cannot be priced. Enjoy. We will help you all we can.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wow! I wish my 130 looked like that when I brought it home. My cousin had a 130 when I was young and it was the first "tractor" I got to drive by myself. I had to have one when I got older. Congrats on bringing it home! :trink:

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
That tractor looks better than me, and it's one year older. Am I understanding correctly that the gentleman that owned it knew had you had a sentimental attachment to the machine thus made his price for it higher than it should be? If that is the case, I don't understand what makes some people tick.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes,the tractor doesnt look to bad for its age,but the second owner did paint it,and put new decals at one time,and he did keep it in a dry shed,but has you can see it needs all this again.I do have a few of the shields,as for some reason he had them off.But thanks for the tip to get the others.
Yes,he knew my attachment to the "130",and I guess that is ok,even thou we couldnt agree right away on price,he did keep it and I finally got her.
As soon as I can,I will post pictures of her when she was new.
Oh yes,I found a new set of OEM hubcaps for it,that a friend had.so things are coming together
This is a great forum,and great people in it,thanks for your compliments

·
Administrator
3,535 Posts
Great story with a happy ending! I'm still a little sour about my grandfather's Massey Harris Pony leaving the family many years ago so it's nice to see that the tractor that held some sentimental value for you is back in the right hands. Good luck with the restoration! :smile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.