Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been scouring for a week now trying to get more info on using 400 series wheels on my 644.
My 644 needs new tires and some wheel weights. I have a few spare sets of 16” wheels. I would really like to load them with washer fluid and the JD 160lb wheel weights and take my weight box off the back.
I can’t find any at tires in the 27” range so I’m curious about running a comparable truck tire. I’ll be mostly running it on lawn and gravel.
So I guess here are my questions.
1) any good wheel weights that fit 15” rims?
2) recommended tires for 16” wheel on 644
3) could I use 400 fenders and taller ags on the 644? (I realize gearing will be off a bit)

Thank you.

·
1,763 Posts
You mean kind of like this: New Rear Rubber on the 646 loader
The only gotcha to that, is the 400 rims will make for a narrower track. the Offset in the 16" rims is not as much as the 15" rims on the 64x.s The 16" rims are set back 2 1/4" from the rear edge, I have not gotten a chance to measure the 15" rims but I bet there is at least an inch difference in the offsets.

Neither hits the fenders or motor with the 7-16 tires on it. But I have also NOT had my tire chains in the wheels yet. Very little snow here and my son stole my tire chains for his 442.
The crazy thing is that there are some 'UTV' tires that look a whole lot like an Ag Bar tread and they come in these 30-10-16 sizes. EFX Tires 30x10R16, MotoMTC - W-30-10-16

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean kind of like this: New Rear Rubber on the 646 loader
The only gotcha to that, is the 400 rims will make for a narrower track. the Offset in the 16" rims is not as much as the 15" rims on the 64x.s The 16" rims are set back 2 1/4" from the rear edge, I have not gotten a chance to measure the 15" rims but I bet there is at least an inch difference in the offsets.

Neither hits the fenders or motor with the 7-16 tires on it. But I have also NOT had my tire chains in the wheels yet. Very little snow here and my son stole my tire chains for his 442.
The crazy thing is that there are some 'UTV' tires that look a whole lot like an Ag Bar tread and they come in these 30-10-16 sizes. EFX Tires 30x10R16, MotoMTC - W-30-10-16
thank you for your response and link. My only concern is stretching that 7-16 over the 8” wide wheel. Did you have any issues with that?

·
1,763 Posts
thank you for your response and link. My only concern is stretching that 7-16 over the 8” wide wheel. Did you have any issues with that?
Rachet strap around the middle of the tire to get the beads to seal. They're loaded with beet juice and been running them a couple of years

1 - 4 of 4 Posts