Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alrighty so i did a quick search on this forum and checked out the FAQs page (grabbed a case 190 manual---thanks guys! :thumbsup: :trink: ) but i couldnt seem to find any info on removing the deck on my 195. so far i've managed to remove the two rods which attach to the lift mechanism but i cant see how to release the tension of the pto belt (its really tight) can anyone offer me some insight into this situation?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Slide the deck forward until it's pressed against the front tires to release some tension on the belt. The 195 has a fair amount of grond clearance, so you may need to jack the deck up against the frame once you move it forward as well. This should let you get the belt off the deck.
You may need to try to pull out the mule drive from its mount first to allow you to move the deck forward a bit.

Chris

·
Registered
225 Posts
There is a flat piece between the pulleys on the front of mule drive, this is a lever that hooks into the nut on the belt tension bolt, pull it foreward and up to release the belt tension (this thing will bite your thumbs if your not carefull). If I remeber right you'll need to have the deck lift still hooked up to the lift arms and in the up postion to be able to release the lever. Once the belt is loose you can lower the deck and remove the belt from the pulley on the deck. To remove the belt from the tractor you'll have to take the clutch linkage apart, this part will be easier to do with the side shield removed. From the seated position, on the right side of the tractor there are two arms that extend out from the clutch to the clutch lever rod with a pin and clip that hold it all together, remove the pin and you can slip the belt over the arms and then the fan to romove the belt (I always put the clutch linkage back together at this point so I wouldn't lose anything). If the mule drive is still wedged in the locating tabs on the frame, use the deck lift to wiggle the deck up and down and the mule drive should drop down. Slide the mule drive out the front of the tractor. Unhook the deck lift and you should be able to slide the deck out from under the tractor.

If anybody has a better way please chime in, this is the only way I could figure out to get the deck off of my 155. I guess this is one of the reasons that HyDriv recommends getting a 2XX/4XX tractor for a worker. :cool:

By the way your mower deck should be an E44 rotory mower and the parts manual is located here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=733
Just scroll down the page till you find "Rotary Mower E38, E44"

ByCo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.