Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Congrats! I like the sound of your Onan BF. Mine (on a '73 446) sounds about twice as loud as the mufflers are outside of the hood and not stock.
Good luck! Hope it runs for another 30 years.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kjkansasdan said:
Great looking and sounding ride!

Only 10 years huh?

Sounds like one of my projects :thumbup:
It's a long story!
-Got tractor back in late 80's
- Brother took tractor, son poured water in gas
- Ran till stalled, sucked water in
- Left sit until I retrieved it
- Had hell of a time to get it going, started blowing oil everywhere.
- Got a knowledgable friend to pull motor - Told me bore was out of round
- Left sit until 3 kids got through College - NO $$$$$$ for tractor fix
- Was advised to get other Onan - Got B43 out of a JD 316 - Almost 2 years ago
- My engine guy finally got it ready to install about a month ago
- Had engine in frame - Discovered B43 had ruined valve seat - hammered into block!
- Took BF block to REAL Mechanic - Cylincer bore was fine after all this shit
- Got standard rings, seals, and gaskets. Took retired REAL Mechanic less than 2 weeks!
- Brought engine home, put it back in and you see the results!
- I have a few minor adjustments to make, but it's running. Never needed another block!
- SHAME ON ME!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Nolan - Looks awesome, your not to far from me. I see your in Jim Thorpe, Im in Orefield, If your looking for a dirt snow blade for that fancy looking machine I have one for you to restore, its a 44 inch plow.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
coalcracker said:
Nolan - Looks awesome, your not to far from me. I see your in Jim Thorpe, Im in Orefield, If your looking for a dirt snow blade for that fancy looking machine I have one for you to restore, its a 44 inch plow.
Coalcracker, we are practically neighbors!
Thanks! I have a 44" on my 210. I'd like to put a 54" on the 446. I was used to how big the 44" deck on the 222, and was surprised how small it looked on the 400 series.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
mtbiker60 said:
coalcracker said:
Coalcracker, we are practically neighbors!
Thanks! I have a 44" on my 210. I'd like to put a 54" on the 446. I was used to how big the 44" deck on the 222, and was surprised how small it looked on the 400 series.
The 200 Series tractors used either the 38" deck or the 44" deck on the 10 and 12 HP models. The 224 and 226 were both capable of powering the 48" deck under any circumstances. The smallest deck that you would WANT on a 400 Series tractor is the 44" because it sticks out past the wheels far enough to do some edge trimming. The 38" will fit but it's not an ideal choice. Of course, the 48" is probably the most commonly found size on the 400 models. Unless you have a long-frame 400 (1980 and up), then you cannot use the 60 inch deck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.