Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was at the Picket, WI Gas & Steam Engine Show Sunday after noon and came across a 222 Case that needed engine work and a few other things that was for sale. He offered it to me for $125.00 but I declined due to the fact I had no immediate way of hauling it plus it had manual lift.
SO... I started talking to him and he seemed to know what he was talking about until he mentioned the first year made 1979 Ingersoll 4020 Onan powered GT he had and absolutely loved. Is it just me or is it hard to refrain from engaging in an argument over the fact that he is wrong about what he said. I find this difficult so I usually just nod my head and carry on with the conversation. 99% of the guys I talk with are also older than me and so when I try to correct them they think I'm in the wrong because how could I know about these machines if they were built before I was born or while I was only 5 years old.
I just thought I'd throw that out there and see if others have had similar experiences?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Most of the guys I talk to are younger and if they try to correct me I know they are just snot nosed kids so I ignore them! :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

The guys who are older than I am have forgotten most of what they knew so I have to correct them too.

Chances are the old guy was distracted by your cute wife/girlfriend and just slipped a digit.

·
Ingersoll Dealer
4,265 Posts
My father is closing in on 80 now ... he routinely mixes up the decades in some anecdote ... something that I KNOW happened in 1985 comes across as '75. Give them credit ... 89 was the first year for 4020's.

Easier to ignore, I suppose, than make a fuss, when it is your Dad and you've watched this slowly evolve over the years, hoping darn well you'll get there yourself someday ...

Brian

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good replies gentlemen. :thumbup:
I'm usually just happy to find someone with a Case to talk to. I talked to a guy in my church and he said his dad has a 446 so he's looking to get one also. He asked me a bunch of questions. He's a machinist so I have a good person to go to when I need some machining done. :thumbsup: Like the pivot on my 226 front axle... ect. :thumbsup: :grin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.