Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just listed my tractor for sale in the FOR SALE section...

I just gave up... I really dont have time to finish it and it will make someone an awesome tractor or for parts... And I am not listing it on EBAY...
I have it on Craiglist but it all has to go as one UNIT....

Let me know if anyone is interested...

I can take it as far as Bangor Maine...

Also I can package on pallet but BUYER needs to make arrangements..

Greg

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Greg,
As you well know, I call them as I see them.

Whomever buys your tractor basket case will be well on their way to ending up with a really fine unit when he completes what you started.

He will have a tractor with a totally rebuilt engine, a new hydraulic pump and a heavy duty upgraded front axle that is well suited for someone intending to add a loader at some point. With a brand new coil, ammeter, ignition switch, starter solenoid, starter motor and regulator, the electrical system is as good as it gets.

The Buyer will get a $400.00 3 point hitch and a $200.00 holding valve kit. So if you subtract the $600.00 value of these two items from your $1800.00 asking price, the balance is $1200.00. I estimate that you have over $200.00 in brand new electrical components and that brings us down to $1000.00. It is a well established fact that it costs very close to $1000.00 for the machine shop work and parts to rebuild an Onan.

It's beginning to look like the Buyer will be getting a free tractor that is partially restored plus the upgraded front axle tossed in. Oh.....and I almost forgot the free hydraulic pump that must have cost you at least $200.00 not to mention the extra hood and the 646 foot pedal parts.

On one hand, a person could spend $2500.00 at Lowe's and leave with a stamped steel and plastic lawn tractor with a warranty but they would end up throwing that one away within ten years. Say good-bye to the $2500.00 Naturally, you could not successfully put a loader on that LT nor could you pull a turning plow, disc harrows or add a rototiller because it is just a cheap-ass lawn tractor.

On the other hand, a person could spend the same amount of money (or less) by purchasing your tractor and finishing it. When it was done, he would have a true garden tractor that is capable of all the ground-engaging work that the LT could not handle and it would last 20 to 30 years. Even then, it would still have a high value compared to the LT.

Alas...it would not come with a warranty.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am taking pictures of it tonight as soon as I can figure out which one of my Kiddos has "MOMS" camera..
URGH....
I guess I will more time when I retire hopefully but looks like if the economy keeps up the way it is we will be digging our own graves one day and in them the next because we wont be able to retire and afford to die..

Greg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.