Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have this Case hyload 648 that I purchased to do a pool removal, new landscaping and new front and back lawn. Now that I’m finished I’d like to find a buyer who will restore it. I’ve turned down buyers that were just going to use and abuse it. I’ve replaced the hydraulic pump with a new upgraded pump along with some hydraulic hoses. It’s previous life had 2 owners, the last one of which let it sit outside for 5 years, while original owner kept it inside. I’ve kept it inside for the last 2 years but I’m sure maybe all hydraulic hoses should probably be changed and it needs a new engine shroud. Can anyone clue me in on it’s value? Has Onan B48M 18 HP engine, 3 point hitch with sleeve adapter, 41” Ingersoll rototiller that can be reduce to 32”, weight box, wheel weights and chains, custom made rake and snow plow, Ingersoll 46” mower deck and custom made digging claw for the bucket. And all of the original manuals.
First tractor I’ve ever bought and it highly impressed me, hence I want to find the right new home for it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah they definitely aren't worth much and especially when you tag on all the extras... I'll give you a couple hundred dollars and do you a favor.... lol

In all seriousness you have quite the setup there, there's some examples floating around right now on the classifieds that are similar. I've seen just the tractor itself go for anywhere from $2000 to $3500 running and working but without pics no one will be able to tell you what it's really worth. Best idea is to put it up on here and see what people offer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah they definitely aren't worth much and especially when you tag on all the extras... I'll give you a couple hundred dollars and do you a favor.... lol

In all seriousness you have quite the setup there, there's some examples floating around right now on the classifieds that are similar. I've seen just the tractor itself go for anywhere from $2000 to $3500 running and working but without pics no one will be able to tell you what it's really worth. Best idea is to put it up on here and see what people offer.
Can I attach pics to this post or do I do that somewhere else?
I first joined on here when I first got the Case after the guy delivering 20 yards of topsoil told me hell that’s a Case I would have bought that, then suggested looking up tractor forums which led me to mytractorforum and the guy from there led me here. What a valuable trove of information and how tos.
Clueless old guy had no clue lol.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Can I attach pics to this post or do I do that somewhere else?
I first joined on here when I first got the Case after the guy delivering 20 yards of topsoil told me hell that’s a Case I would have bought that, then suggested looking up tractor forums which led me to mytractorforum and the guy from there led me here. What a valuable trove of information and how tos.
Clueless old guy had no clue lol.
This forum has been quite the treasure. Most people on here are really straight shooters and will take care of other people. This would also be a good place to sell that thing and get it to a good person who's going to use and take care of it. I found your classifieds post, I'll go check it out but the thumbnail looks great.

·
Registered
Case 648, Case 646 BH
72 Posts
Where are you located? I've restored a 648 and a 646BH so far. The process of the 646 is on this forum. I believe photos of the 648 as well. If the price is right and you're local, I'm looking for the next project...

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,613 Posts
rkhargraves, if you hover over the avatar you can see where the member is from if they have posted it. For instance you are from Griswold, CT. sesontckt is from Utica, MI NE Detroit suburb.

Keep the Peace ✌
Harry

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where are you located? I've restored a 648 and a 646BH so far. The process of the 646 is on this forum. I believe photos of the 648 as well. If the price is right and you're local, I'm looking for the next project...
I wish you were local bud this tractor would love your touch when I see what you did with that 646

1 - 8 of 8 Posts