Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have located a 1987 Ingersoll 448 with less than 400 hours.Tractor is in very good shape...always inside until 3 weeks ago.Tires are perfect.It has a rear PTO,sleeve hitch and holding valve.It comes with a really nice L46 rotary mower; a mint, like new HT41 Hytiller and a mint, used 3 times 1048 Hydracutter.All hoses, ect. are like new....no oil on anything,very clean.This was lovingly owned and maintained by one man until his death 2 years ago.I have first dibs on this setup, before the widow puts it up for sale on CL.What is this setup realistically worth...I wish to treat her fairly ,but refuse to overpay...I don't need...just would like to have.Need some input fast....Thanks :mrgreen:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Mr onetwo said:
I have located a 1987 Ingersoll 448 with less than 400 hours.Tractor is in very good shape...always inside until 3 weeks ago.Tires are perfect.It has a rear PTO,sleeve hitch and holding valve.It comes with a really nice L46 rotary mower; a mint, like new HT41 Hytiller and a mint, used 3 times 1048 Hydracutter.All hoses, ect. are like new....no oil on anything,very clean.This was lovingly owned and maintained by one man until his death 2 years ago.I have first dibs on this setup, before the widow puts it up for sale on CL.What is this setup realistically worth...I wish to treat her fairly ,but refuse to overpay...I don't need...just would like to have.Need some input fast....Thanks :mrgreen:
A 1987 tractor is still a 1987 that is 24 model years old. I will leave it to you to decide whether it is truly a 400 hour tractor or not. If it went on e-Bay as a basic tractor with the 48 inch deck, it would likely bring somewhere around $1200.00 or so. Add in $150.00 for the PTO, $125.00 for the sleeve hitch, $450.00 for a really nice tiller and $1200.00 for the HydraCutter. !987's all came with a built-in holding valve. Since it is not an optional kit that can be removed, it has no separate value.

Therefore, I agree with gator's assessment. Of course, both of us are basing the pricing on your descriptions regarding condition. I think that if you got the package for three G's and it is everything you say it is, then you have done very well but you have not done here any harm. She might not find someone to buy the package complete and you are taking the problem of finding suitable buyers out of her hands. Most likely, she just wants it all gone with the least amount of headache but doesn't want to give it away either. Hopefully, this is a package that you intend to keep for yourself and use long-term.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Mr. 1-2,

I paid $750 for an ugly and abused but mechanically good 1987 448. It came with a 60" deck and 48" snowcaster.

Then added a 3 point hitch for $425, a J70 tiller for $300, a Rear PTO for @$200 and sleeve hitch adapter for $90. The hydracutter had the biggest price tag of $800.

The majority of the items were purchased locally. (This is in the New England area similar to your location.)

That is a total of $2560 for a similarly equipped machine in much worse condition than the one you are describing. I couldn't be happier with my purchases and I don't think you would regret having that package in your stall either. Good luck and get it cheap! :trink:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Have you heard the phrase...............You snooze.... you looze?

You've been on MTF long enough to see hot deals get missed by guys who come on that site and ask questions for a day or two. By the time they make up their mind, someone else has the tractor in their garage. That's when the self-inflicted ass-kicking takes place. Don't make me tell you what that package would cost you to buy TODAY at an Ingy dealer.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Mr onetwo said:
I think you're being a pig--as my wife says, "you've got more tractors than you need!"

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Bob MacGregor said:
A 1987 448 Ingersoll should have an N46 deck and a built in holding valve. Maybe it isn't a 1987???
Mad Mackie in Taxonnecticut :mrgreen: :mowlawn:
Maybe you should get the PIN and check it against the chart?????

The parts catalogue is quite clear regarding the PIN break that divides the tractors between those WITH the integrated holding valve and those WITHOUT it.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Bart said:
Mr onetwo said:
I think you're being a pig--as my wife says, "you've got more tractors than you need!"
And this is coming from a guy who has lost track of how many tractors he owns???? :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
OK....... maybe you should stop trying to be MR. Nice Guy and listen to Hilda instead.

It's not your job to tell any Seller what fair market value is for what they are selling. That's their job. Just go and ask her how much she wants for everything that is there and then decide whether you can afford to pay the price she names or not. That's how the world works.

If she says $1500.00...get that stuff out of my sight.... then hand over the cash and load it up. She's happy, you're happy and the world will go on.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hydriv said:
OK....... maybe you should stop trying to be MR. Nice Guy and listen to Hilda instead.
I disagree. He should continue being Mr. Nice Guy and PM me this lady's contact information. I can't justify or afford the package either, but those are just small speed bumps for a man with an addiction... :thumbsup:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
JSB Case said:
Hydriv said:
I disagree. He should continue being Mr. Nice Guy and PM me this lady's contact information. I can't justify or afford the package either, but those are just small speed bumps for a man with an addiction... :thumbsup:
I don't see the correlation. :sidelaugh:

How would that action be considered "Mr Nice Guy"...

You'd be on here Monday bragging about your $500.00 score and that would piss off everyone. :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.