Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

210 tranny issues

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  casenutty 
casenutty said:
have a small problem with a 210 gear drive tractor, it will not stay in 1st gear unless you hold it can this be just a detent problem or bent shift fork ect or something worse? thanks in advance for any ideas I have not got it yet as it is in route from Indana will post more about it when I can test run for myself and up date thanks again
casenutty,
Your post has gone unanswered by anyone for several days. I suspect that the reason why is quite simple. No one has a proper answer to your question. The reason for that is also rather simple. The 210 model is not hydraulically driven and the hydraulic drive tractors are the models that almost everyone goes after when seeking out a Case or Ingersoll GT. Therefore, there is very little "hands-on" experience with the 210's that gets posted on ANY of the forums and since I have been a member of most of the forums out there, I say this with a certain amount of confidence.

On the other hand, there is nothing wrong with the 210 model. It is a very capable GT and I know that several of our members do own them and are very happy with how they function. Transmission problems with the 210's are not common but the Peerless trans-axle used by Case and Ingersoll in the 210 IS very common. I don't know if there is any sort of support group (forum) for Peerless trans-axles out there as a stand-alone site but perhaps one of our other members that are more familiar with brands that are heavy users of Peerless transmissions might provide you with a link to a forum that regularly discusses the repair and servicing of the Peerless units. I would just be guessing and I prefer to not do that on issues such as this.

As you probably know, we do have the Parts Manual for the 210 model in the Library. We also have the Service Manual for the 210 trans-axle. Whether your problem is simply wear and tear or a bent part, you will likely have to dismantle the trans-axle to figure it out. Perhaps your best solution would be to locate a used trans-axle and then swap it for the existing one. I wish that I could give you more help with your problem but since I have no first-hand knowledge of these trans-axles, I have no words of wisdom to send your way.

If anyone has some help for casenutty, please post it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.