Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just a question. I understand how the clutch is used to deliver power to mower decks and snow casters. If you don't use these attachments (plow use only) is the clutch adjustment critical/necessary?
If you do not use it, adjustment is not critical/necessary.

As a side note, be aware that if your tractor does not start you may have to push the clutch lever forward as there is a safety switch on it. Mine gets bumped on occation enough to mess with the switch.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks Gordy. I bought this to plow and pull things around. And putting a snow caster is more work than I want to sign up for.

accidentally hitting things is why I gave that PTO valve away. I was lucky I didn’t damage the pump on the 646.
Snowcasters are awesome and not hard to put on. I like not having to worry about filling up a snow storage area and then not having a place to plow the snow. Now the first setup may take longer if you have to adjust the PTO clutch and that is a bit tedious.

Avoiding dead heading the rear PTO when bumped out of neutral is a simple matter of installing a bypass hose.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt Road surface Bumper

1 - 3 of 3 Posts