Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
Thank you so much. One less thing I need to worry about. I'll keep the safety switch in mind, that's a handy tidbit.

Peace to all
caveboy
If you never planning on using the clutch, I'd think about removing all of it but the shaft and fan, especially if you don't know how old the bearings are. Then disable that safety switch. The bearings in the cams spin all the time that the engine is running, I have had these seize up on a couple tractors.

Another side note: If the tractor starts but won't move check shifter on the rear axle. More than a few of us have hooked the lever and shifted it to neutral without realizing it.

cheers,
Gordy

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
Thanks Gordy. I bought this to plow and pull things around. And putting a snow caster is more work than I want to sign up for.

accidentally hitting things is why I gave that PTO valve away. I was lucky I didn’t damage the pump on the 646.
We all have different preferences and circumstances. Mine living in MN is for the snow caster, I can throw the snow up and on the same spots all winter long, without having to start out with a plow doing the whole yard just in case we get big snows later in the season, so I don't run out of room to push it.

In my avatar you can make out my 224-78 with cab in front the snow mountain I made. Had a small dog that needed the yard / toilet cleared ;) and it was fun to see how high I could go with the snow.

Cheers,
Gordy

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
Until your wife says "Couldn't use just use the 646 to do that work? Why do we have 2 tractors?..." Ask me how I know. :)
I heard that "Do we really need another tractor" line. I explained that I needed a mower deck for a tractor, the one I found was $450 and needed a lot of work and parts. I bought this tractor with deck, vac, and power steering for $250. End of discussion. ;) OH and she really likes the power steering. 😁

Cheers,
Gordy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts