Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would like to get the PTO on my 222.
I have no problem buying hydraulic hose to replace the steel lines, but since I have the steel lines I thought I could use them.

can anyone tell me if these lines will work?
the only thing I know is this came off a early 400.

I am skeptical, seem slightly long. not seeing one in person and no measurements online I cant be sure.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just looking at where the ends come out, I would say someone has bent them to fit on a longer frame. The bends do not look exactly right. There should be no problem tweaking them a bit to fit your control valve.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I doubt anyone can tell much from the photos. If they seem too long it's possible that they came off a 400 series tractor with the longer frame but I imagine they could be tweaked enough to fit.

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
Mike, speaking from my personal experience with steel lines. If you have to "tweak" them too much, you will run the risk of compromising the seal where it connects to either valve, my one steel line was bent too badly to use and I ended up having a hose made to replace it, the steel return line still has been monkeyed with and fits but leaks a little bit since it is kinda in a bind where it meets up with the valve body.
Lots of patience and trial and error may prove successful, but you could save yourself some trouble and just have new hoses made, they will be quieter, will seal up better and will do the same job.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really cant tell if they are to long or short.

maybe best to just get some hose,
will I just need a 90deg fitting?

anyone know length of hose and fittings (hose length is just something to go by, I will measure)

what may work better, if anyone is willing to take pictures under the tractor of where things hook up?

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Sylvester Calzone said:
what may work better, if anyone is willing to take pictures under the tractor of where things hook up?
I believe that consulting the oil flow schematic in the appropriate version of "Hydraulic System, how it works" will be more help than a photo. JMO

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
99flhr said:
Sylvester Calzone said:
I believe that consulting the oil flow schematic in the appropriate version of "Hydraulic System, how it works" will be more help than a photo. JMO
that does sound good!
I will check the manuals section.

·
Tractor Whisper
3,703 Posts
Short hose cut hose 28 inches long, ends each 90 degree short female swivels fitting should line up on hose line.

Long hose cut hose 43 inches long, one end 90 degree short female swivel, other end straight female swivel.

One male 90 degree fitting needed.

Per 3014 PTO valve.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gator,
"Short hose cut hose 28 inches long, ends each 90 degree short female swivels fitting should line up on hose line."

for the 90's your saying to make sure they are positing befor getting pressed? this is when taking the tractor to the hyd shop would be best :eek:

can anyone confirm the fitting sizes? hope to get the hoses made :)

3000 psi hose

·
Tractor Whisper
3,703 Posts
1/2 inch on fittings hex on swivel nut be for 1 inch wrench.

About short hose fitting oration they need to be like this symbol [ as out line both 90 degrees facing same direction on hose. Yes before last one on hose is pressed.

I would take fitting out valve PTO so hose man has size and Junction inside connection right.

Taking tractor to hydraulic shop would be good ideal that take you and I out loop.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks!
yep, that fitting in the TCV cant judge that size. seems bigger then the rest, to get the right 90deg

maybe I can get one side of the hose pressed bring it home and mark the orientation for the other to be sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.