Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Rich,
I would have preferred a Case Hydra-Vac, but it would have been quite a bit more expensive. I found this unit in Craigslist, and the price was right, and it was within a short driving distance to pick it up. Had to have Trac Vac fabricate a deck boot made specifically for the J series deck. It was a bit pricey, but I intend to have this thing, and my Case Tractors as long as I'm breathing. I live in the woods, so this will make Fall cleanup much more enjoyable!
Regards,
Nolan

·
Garden Tractor Nerd
359 Posts
Nolan - Very nice, very nice indeed. I like it! I just mulch up my leaves but I don't have as many as some of you guys do so I guess I can't justify having a Trac Vac.

I like you choice of Case model and colors as well. :wave:

Kenneth

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Looks good to go. I bought a new Agri-Fab due to price and it does a great job ( 205cc 9 tq.Briggs) The one size fits all plastic deck chute is somewhat cheesy and requires a stiffening bar and a little thought in mounting hardware. It does however pack the wagon tight and topping full to the point that you must drag the leaves out with a modified rake. Have at least a dozen trees over 80' with giant canopies. A-F`s fit only R.H. decks

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
99flhr said:
Looks good to go. I bought a new Agri-Fab due to price and it does a great job ( 205cc 9 tq.Briggs) The one size fits all plastic deck chute is somewhat cheesy and requires a stiffening bar and a little thought in mounting hardware. It does however pack the wagon tight and topping full to the point that you must drag the leaves out with a modified rake. Have at least a dozen trees over 80' with giant canopies. A-F`s fit only R.H. decks
When I got the Trac Vac it was mounted on a LH discharge Simplicity deck. It would have taken quite a bit of fabrication. So, I had Trac Vac custom fabricate the correct fit boot. It's all steel with a hanger bracket that bolts on the deck chute. Like I stated before, I intend to have this for the rest of my time on this side of the grass! So I didn't mind putting out $200 for the boot. The Trac Vac was $475 on Craigslist.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
KBear said:
Nolan - Very nice, very nice indeed. I like it! I just mulch up my leaves but I don't have as many as some of you guys do so I guess I can't justify having a Trac Vac.

I like you choice of Case model and colors as well. :wave:

Kenneth
I do like those 2 tone tractors!

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
mtbiker60 said:
When I got the Trac Vac it was mounted on a LH discharge Simplicity deck. It would have taken quite a bit of fabrication. So, I had Trac Vac custom fabricate the correct fit boot. It's all steel with a hanger bracket that bolts on the deck chute. Like I stated before, I intend to have this for the rest of my time on this side of the grass! So I didn't mind putting out $200 for the boot. The Trac Vac was $475 on Craigslist.
The forward facing blower inlet allows the T-V to be used on either L or R decks (with the proper boot) I contacted them about constructing a chute for my 446, but the A-F inlet is on the right and routing the hose would have been problematic. Looked at the T-V`s (it`s a better machine) but the price was pushing $2800 with 2 chutes. :cry:

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
99flhr said:
mtbiker60 said:
The forward facing blower inlet allows the T-V to be used on either L or R decks (with the proper boot) I contacted them about constructing a chute for my 446, but the A-F inlet is on the right and routing the hose would have been problematic. Looked at the T-V`s (it`s a better machine) but the price was pushing $2800 with 2 chutes. :cry:
My model is a 580. I did see they were well over the $2000 mark. That's out of my price range! My neighbor, up until this year would lend me his Green Machine with 2 bags on therear. Although it was a big help, it would only take 1/2 a trip across the yard and it was time to get off and push the leaves down. Then, by the time I got to the end of the yard, the bags were full. The Trac Vac should save me alot of on and off, squashing leaves down, and emptying. And, above all that, I don't look good riding on a green tractor! HA HA!

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
That looks great! I LOVE IT!!!! this is on my list of things I want. Even though it isn't C/I it still looks awesome, you know you could paint it all power red. :lol:

I think that would look great and who would even question it, the attachments looks well made.

The tractor in the pics looks to be in incredible condition, I'll wager you are VERY proud to own that stuff! :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
kungdrew said:
That looks great! I LOVE IT!!!! this is on my list of things I want. Even though it isn't C/I it still looks awesome, you know you could paint it all power red. :lol:

I think that would look great and who would even question it, the attachments looks well made.

The tractor in the pics looks to be in incredible condition, I'll wager you are VERY proud to own that stuff! :clap: :clap: :clap:
The paint idea did cross my mind! It sure would look good, and I already have some Case decals to finish it off. It does seem to be well constructed, and as long as it's kept clean and free from debris stuck on the inside, it should last darn near a lifetime. And, YES! I am very proud of my Case Tractors. The 1972- 222 is my work horse right now, until I finally get the engine back in my 1976-446. I'm hoping for that to happen in the next two weeks. My 150 works remarkably well for a 45 yr old tractor. I even mow the yard with it once in a while. I'll tear it down and spruce it up after I get the 446 squared away.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.