Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given a set of chains but they are about a foot or more short. My tires are 23x10.5. Can any one tell me what length of chains I will need. The ones I have are about 50" long

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Burrhoes:The length of the chains where there are cross links is 45". There are five additional links on one end that bring it to 50" At the other end are the fastener links. That's for stock tires of a 1982 Case 224.
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I haven't messed with them since I wrote the post but i will look more into it. I focused on getting weights in the rims more than the chains. I am going to try it with out chains first so i don't chip or scratch my new concrete driveway that was put in last year. I have hear that it helps to deflate the tires and put the chains on and then pump them back up. Speaking of tire pressure are there any recommendations as to what pressure they should be at in the winter with the snowcaster?

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
burrhoes said:
Thanks for the info guys. I haven't messed with them since I wrote the post but i will look more into it. I focused on getting weights in the rims more than the chains. I am going to try it with out chains first so i don't chip or scratch my new concrete driveway that was put in last year. I have hear that it helps to deflate the tires and put the chains on and then pump them back up. Speaking of tire pressure are there any recommendations as to what pressure they should be at in the winter with the snowcaster?
I have a concrete driveway and yes unfortunately the chains will scratch it up. I have been trying to get some Titan 8 x 16 R-1s for my 446 vs. the turfs with chains, but I just can't seem to get the $$$ together.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
InTroubleAlltheTime said:
I have been trying to get some Titan 8 x 16 R-1s for my 446 vs. the turfs with chains, but I just can't seem to get the $$$ together.
Swap the Alice even-steven for a pair and solve the problem. :sidelaugh:

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Hydriv said:
I have been trying to get some Titan 8 x 16 R-1s for my 446 vs. the turfs with chains, but I just can't seem to get the $$$ together.
Tom: The wife would love to see the big Alice go, but it may break my heart to lose her. LOL

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Hydriv said:
Tom: The wife would love to see the big Alice go, but it may break my heart to lose her. LOL
Don't fret, Rich.

Wives are like streetcars. Another one will be along in about 10 minutes or so. :trink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.