Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Brad,

Please don't get upset with me because I'm telling you the following.

This site is run a bit differently than other sites because we have gone to great lengths to create a Technical section filled with manuals that are available for every member to read. The key to unlock that information is located on the metal tag riveted to the dash tower of your tractor. That tag will reveal the correct model and serial numbers and that's all you need to find the Operator's Manual and Parts Manual for your tractor. Tires sizes are found in the Opeator's Manual along with a lot of other very important information that you should know. I see that you wrote 244 twice and my guess is that you meant 224. We try to teach our members HOW to make use of the Tech section because the information they find there is accurate whereas on some sites inaccurate information is sometimes dispensed by members who guess at the answers.

Your rear tires could be saved possibly by just putting tubes in them and running them until they actually split open, which may be years from now. The fronts are far less expensive and easily found on e-bay from several vendors and private individuals.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am having a hard time finding the tire size in the service manual, parts manual and the operators manual. Maybe you could point me in the right direction?

Also i cannot seem to find a window for my serial number 9676132

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
OK,,, fair enough. I am happy to help you.

If you go to the FAQ's section and open the chart that relates the serial numbers to the year of manufacture, your tractor's serial number for the 224 models is higher than the number shown for 1973 and lower than the one shown for 1974. That means you have a 1973.

Now, if you then go to the Operator Manuals section and look under KOHLER POWERED TRACTORS, you scroll down the list until you come across the first manual listing that INCLUDES the 224 model. That would be manual number 9-4392. You click on the manual icon below that listing and wait for the PDF to appear on your screen. You then scroll that PDF page by page until you reach the first one after the red cover. Right there it says that this manual applies to 224's built AFTER serial number 9667000. Your tractor is 9676132 and that is certainly after the serial number specified. If you scroll a bit further to page 6 of that manual, you will find the SPECIFICATIONS for your tractor and the WHEELS AND TIRES section states Case used 6.50 X 8 two ply tires on the front and 8:50 x 12 two ply tires on the rear.

These sizes should be marked right on the sidewalls of all four tires on your tractor.

If you speak to any of the tire retailers that are listed in the "Where to buy stuff" FAQ, they will guide you on what tires they have that will work on your tractor.

Any more questions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.