Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I referred to it in a post about my new front weight bracket, but here's the 3 point carry-all that I fabricated a couple weeks ago.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Plant Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Plant

In order to determine its maximum capacity, and because I needed these bricks moved, I loaded it with bricks just until the front wheels came off the ground. Then I took 30 lbs or so off and drove away.

Plant Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Each brick with a single layer of mortar weighs 88.3 oz, 5.51 lbs. There are 115 bricks on the pallet (635.5 lbs) plus mortar tabs (excess mortar slopped through to the back when the wall was built) plus the pallet.

I think 650 lbs has to be correct to within 5 lbs.

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Tractor

Not too shabby if I do say so myself.

Yet to do: Install a selector valve so the deck doesn't go up and down every time the 3 point does.

And maybe dial up the relief valve. It would lift this load, but just barely. I'll see how I feel about it once the selector valve is in place.

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
Not being a welder, I bought a bolt together ready made and cut it down in spots. also, not needing forks, I decked mine with 2 bys.

Other than the mower deck, it is the most frequently used accessory by far. and over the course of a yr. might surpass the mower deck.

Surprised I don't see more of them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Any chance you'd be willing to post more pics of your setup? I've thought about building a rear bucket on the back of my three point for years but never thought it would lift high enough and couldnt figure out how to add another cylinder for the top link.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not being a welder, I bought a bolt together ready made and cut it down in spots. also, not needing forks, I decked mine with 2 bys.
Which bolt-together did you get? I have looked online at a couple, almost got a Tractor Supply version, but there are many comments on the ones I have seen about the way the things are built out of the box that the clearance when lifted as high as possible isn't useful for many tractors and end-users have to make mods right away.

As most of what I have seen available is CAT1 and we are CAT0, the fact that CAT1 CUT-tractor-folks (whose tractor is larger and has more above-ground clearance than mine!) are fussing about the layout of these attachments makes me really want to get the right one for our CAT0 garden tractors.

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
Which bolt-together did you get? I have looked online at a couple, almost got a Tractor Supply version, but there are many comments on the ones I have seen about the way the things are built out of the box that the clearance when lifted as high as possible isn't useful for many tractors and end-users have to make mods right away.

As most of what I have seen available is CAT1 and we are CAT0, the fact that CAT1 CUT-tractor-folks (whose tractor is larger and has more above-ground clearance than mine!) are fussing about the layout of these attachments makes me really want to get the right one for our CAT0 garden tractors.
The one I got was from Agrisupply but I'm not sure they still carry it.

It would be nice if it lifted higher but if it bothered me that much I'd drill some new holes.

I decked it with 2x10s. Without the decking it would be unusably flimsy but with the decking, it has carried everything I've wanted. I did shorten the forks several inches. Otherwise, the leverage would be too great.

These pins will take care of the cat 1 to cat 0 problem, or you can buy shims, or cut pieces of pipe. Its really a non issue.

https://www.agrisupply.com/lift-arm-pin-cat-cat/p/61508/

A few pics.

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Tractor

Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor Tread

Wheel Tire Snow Vehicle Tractor

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.