Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
I don't speak for everyone so they are welcome to chime in.

What I will tell you is that the AH series of tractors are in the minority and rarely get discussed on any of the forums. Whether Ingersoll settled on one particular pump manufacturer for these models, I cannot say. It is a well known fact that Case used pumps from many different companies. The second issue is whether the pump you are asking about is proprietary or not.

The diesel tractors use a double pump (Part #C42854) as did the gas powered AH's but they used (Part #C36905) for some reason. What the difference is, I don't know. Perhaps the Perkins wasn't designed to run at 3600 RPM. Maybe Sylvester Calzone has some insight on that issue.

I can't even tell you what body style those pumps are but I suspect that the A body was used. Sourcing a replacement in the aftermarket may prove to be tricky because you need to come close to the displacement of two pumps instead of just one. I wish I could be of more help but at the moment, I'm almost in the dark as much as you are.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. :goodpost:

I was aware that they were/are a double pump. I would be curious as to the difference from the diesel to the gas, as I didn't know there were 2 different part #'s (I didn't have the part numbers, so that is something I learned today :thumbsup: ). The diesel might be better for me, as my project is getting a diesel power plant. I've found a source that shows the GPM on these were 11.25 GPM on the primary and 2.4GPM on the secondary.

If I can get it reasonable enough I want the double as the project will be articulated, and from what I've already learned, they used the second output dedicated to the power-steering. This would be perfect for my application as it will be hydraulically articulated.

Otherwise I'll get a 16GPM pump and use a flow control valve to run the steering and send the remaining to the PTO and TCV circuits. This might be my better option anyhow... dunno :???: :gums: :lol:

BTW, what does the AH stand for that you referred to?

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
AH stands for "All Hydraulic" and AHD stands for "All Hydraulic Diesel". These models did not use any belt driven attachments, therefore they were all hydraulic.

Why not forget about the pumps used on AH tractors and just look up double pumps on places such as Surplus Sales? Just call them and tell the sales guy what you want. He'll tell you if they have something suitable. What matters here is the following

Pump rotation - that will depend upon which end of the engine you are driving it off of.

Displacement of each pump chamber - A .75 cubic inch pump spinning at 3600 will deliver 11.68 GPM at 0 PSi

A .15 cubic inch pump spinning at 3600 RPM will deliver 2.34 GPM at 0 PSI.

Pressure - Ideally, the working pressure of the main pump should be in excess of 3000 PSI continuous.

Shaft size should be at least 5/8" but 3/4" would be preferred.

If your diesel runs slower than 3600 at wide open throttle, then the pump displacement must be increased accordingly. Do not use a flow control valve to supply a power steering pump. That's not what they are designed to do. What you need is a PRIORITY VALVE for that task.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
The loader tractors have a Parker hd25aa2a14a pump. 25 is the main section for the travel and 14 for the backhoe, steering, then loader. Im guessing CC's. Look for the parker HD/D series pump catalog. It will list everything you need to know. The pumps are about $650-800

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
http://www.plccenter.com/Buy/Parker/HD2 ... QAodN3zDbg

http://www.parker.com/portal/site/PARKE ... A14A&Wtky=

I don't know why they fail to show the displacement of each pump.

I also looked at Surplus Centre but there is nothing close to your needs at this time in their listings. However, an e-mail or phone call to them might yield something. It never hurts to ask.

Since this is for an articulated tractor, you know you have other options here. One would be a power steering pump from the auto wreckers that is belt driven off a pulley on the engine. Then, you could select a pump that is around 10 GPM to look after the two trans-axles. Two self-contained hydraulic systems.....each one dedicated to its purpose.

·
Registered
318 Posts
4118D perkins max rpm at 3600 so no difference.
Large section of pump 9.5GPM at 3000 rpm
small at 2gpm at 3000 rpm

the travel circuit relief is 2800psi, lift 575psi power steering 720psi

not sure if I know who made the pump, I remember looking when I had all the access covers off and some safety shields.
need to check my other computer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.