Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just do not see getting my 3pt installed for this winter season, but it might happen. What I am wondering is if there are any of you out there that use the 3pt with weight while snow blowing.

My question is rooted in the unison operation of the lift cylinders. With my blower up, I assume the 3pt is up, with the blower down, I assume the same for the 3pt. Ideally, I would prefer to have a selection switch to keep the 3pt stationary, but I don't see that this is standard. Have their been any thoughts to this before?

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
If the 3 point has been plumbed correctly, then it raises and lowers in unison with the mid-mount lift. However, if one cylinder has weight on it, then it will lift last and the unweighted cylinder will lift first. The Selector Valve was an optional feature offered by Case and it's the best way to go. Case also offered a weight box that was designed to be attached to the three point. It's pretty easy to make one.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Blondie doesn`t like it and I understand why, however if you`re pressed for time, adding a mechanical limiting device to the 3 pt will get you through. I greased a section of plastic tubing and slid it on the hyd cyl shaft to protect it and then used a pipe nipple, crude but it works.
Some folks use washers or shaft collars, as long as you don`t nick the shaft surface you`ll be fine until you can add a selector valve. JMO :wave:

·
Registered
894 Posts
My 3-point came with a valve on the bottom of the cylinder. I am going to be taking the valve off because I installed a selector valve and do not need it. If yours does not have a valve I do not think one would be very expensive, if you install a valve and then raise the cylinder to the height you want and then shut the valve. This way you can lock the cylinder in place and it would not operate with the snowcaster. If you look at the photo below you will see the valve I have on my hitch
Mark

·
Ingersoll Dealer
4,265 Posts
A cylinder shut off valve is a cost effective solution if you are not intending to constantly switch back and forth to operate the 3 point. One of my local customers does quite well with that set up.

Also, TSC sells a nice set of aluminum cylinder limiter sleeves for about $20. Set the cylinder at the height you want it, then it will pretty much stay there.

I use a nearly 200 lbs 3 point mounted back blade as one of my 'rear weights' during the winter (on a selector valve, of course ... it routinely gets switched in ...)

Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.