Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am looking for a replacement center cap for my late model 4016. My "local" Ingersoll dealer is at a loss. (he has only seen 3 spoke wheels) Please see the attached photo for what my wheel looks like. If you can get me a cap send me a PM

Thanks

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Since Case sold the company in 1983, you can't really blame them for what Ingersoll has done 7 years later. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

How long have you owned this tractor and were you the original owner? Did the steering wheel have a cap on it when you bought it? Was there an Ingersoll logo on it?

If your 4 spoke wheel does not show up in the parts book, then I'm wondering if someone put a different wheel on it before you got the tractor. Another thought is that the plant made a mistake in putting that wheel on. A lot of weird stuff went on in that plant.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have owned this tractor about 1 month now.... I am not sure about the logo or anything else, just that the cap will need to be about 4.5" in diameter to match in correctly..

So Ingersoll picked up where Case left off then eh??? :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
I guess you could say that. Perfection is an elusive thing when humans are involved. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

I've sent Brian an e-mail to come and see if he can sort this out. It may well be that someone swapped out the OEM wheel and that's going to leave you on Planet 9 with no ride home.

If so then the choices are to either accept it the way it is or buy a new wheel with cap.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
if all else fails then cut a piece of plastic and secured it there .Put an I for Ingersoll just like the logo is. If you dont have access to the tools needed to cut a cicle in plastic then tell me the exact diameter and I will make one here and ship it to you. Like I said though, if all else fails.

·
Ingersoll Dealer
4,265 Posts
The steering wheel shown is a C37131 ... I've got 2 in stock. This uses the center cap # C42849, $12.98.

Admittedly, the illustration shown in the manuals for this wheel does not look much like the part I get when that part number is ordered ... the C37131's I have in stock are exactly as pictured in this thread ... I trust the cap will be compatible, but can't say I recall having had one on hand ....

Would be happy to supply it if your local dealer is not able.

Brian

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Now you know why I invited Brian Hildreth and Tom Hanson to be keystone members of this forum. Both of these gentlemen are dedicated to being the sort of Ingersoll dealer that anyone would want as their local tractor store.

I would suggest that you send Brian a PM or e-mail and order this part from him instead of wasting more time with your local dealer.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hydriv said:
Now you know why I invited Brian Hildreth and Tom Hanson to be keystone members of this forum. Both of these gentlemen are dedicated to being the sort of Ingersoll dealer that anyone would want as their local tractor store.

I would suggest that you send Brian a PM or e-mail and order this part from him instead of wasting more time with your local dealer.
That is what I am going to do.... He took the initiative and stepped up, so I am going to reward that with my $$$ :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DougA said:
I have a late model 3016 #14169867 I recently purchased and it has that same steering wheel.Mine is also missing the cap,would like to buy one if it is correct.Thanks.
I just ordered my cap from Brian, He told me that I should have it by next weekend,, I will let you know how it works out..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.