Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Agreed. At full load and assuming 100% efficient that calcs out to about 15 minutes. To understand the real run time one would have to better understand the power lost in the hydraulic system and how much power is needed for the specific task.
Well going off what I know, you're probably going to be looking at a ballpark efficiency from electric power to hydraulic power of about 70% to 75%. That's assuming the typical 90% efficiency for an electric motor which it's likely higher than that and the typical efficiency of a hydraulic pump being 80% which is the bottom of the generally accepted range. I also would imagine a 48v 51Ah battery wouldn't be too huge and given the huge amount of space you'll be saving in the engine bay you might could daisy chain a few together. Your 15 minute run time is what I calculated using best case scenarios as well but that's assuming full load working conditions which won't be the case all the time probably. All this being said I'm a mechanical engineer and not electrical so this is all based on what little I learned in college so take it as you wish... lol...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts