Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1971 444 that I bought in 1972. I have restored/rebuilt/fixed this tractor over the years. It has a rebuilt 14 Kohler, newer TCV with new linkage, full of Shell Rottela 10w 40, new hoses all around. I don't remember how old the pump and hyd motor are but they are not original.
I have mowed and plowed with this tractor and in the summer,gotten it so hot you couldn't touch it and it never quit.
I was plowing heavy wet snow and in about 30 minutes it started to lose power until it would hardly move and it would not lift the blade.
When it cooled off,it was a little better but still not as good as it used to be.
I read the last post about losing power when hot and I'm betting on the pump and /or lovejoy. If it was the hyd motor, it would have lifted the blade.
This tractor has wheel weights/four link chains and individual rear brakes and a power angle blade and I need it, the problem is, I'm building that 4wd CI and I only have room for one tractor in my work shop.

·
Registered
120 Posts
My 220 had this problem after an engine rebuild. The problem in my CASE is not enough end gap on the crank. It has gotten better as the spacers and crank have worn (DOH!). Rebuilding a motor is A fine art. My hat is off to top notch engine rebuilders.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Harry, but this tractor has been running a couple of years since rebuild. The tractor sits until snow falls, and this problem came on all at once. I use my4020 for mowing and trailer pulling, I hate to change attachments.
Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts