Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
New to the site, looks awesome so far. Trying to determine which shop manual to open to fix my slipping clutch. 444 serial 14009007. 1980? vintage. The control level moves into position with a lot less force than usual, and the clutch loses all friction with any load on blades. Sudden occurance. Any direction appreciated. Greg

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
It`s always possible that your clutch has been changed, so look at it. Each manual has a nice side view of the assembled clutch, which one does yours resemble ? Does yours have the big honking adjustment nut behind the fan ?

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
You will have an EZ-Adjust clutch on your tractor. Please go to our Technical Library/Service Manuals section and find the area for the clutch information regarding that model. You can download the manual to your hard drive or your printer and study it.

Mastering the adjustment process takes some practice but good adjustments can only be made if all the parts that make up the clutch are in good working order. If this clutch worked properly for you previously, then there's a good chance that a simple adjustment is all that is needed.

BTW, this thread is in the wrong forum. It belongs in the main forum and I will move it there once I see you post a reply that indicates you have read this. No need to apologize. You are new to the site and feeling your way around. If you check the top of each forum page, you will find a "Read me first" STICKY that will explain the purpose of each forum. Hint, hint, nudge, nudge. :sidelaugh: We like to keep topics segregated to make searches easier for members who wish to consult the archives.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry about the forum folly. Really appreciate identifying as EZ Adjust. This will allow me see what I am getting into before pulling the hood and heat exchanger. The tractor is original owner and nothing but OEM so far for repairs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.