Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I get the motor in my 1981 444 rebuilt, I plan on using it as my snow remover and have a few questions. What model snow blade will fit my 444, how hard are they to find, I already have a cat 0 three point rear blade, would it be cheaper to find a three point kit that to get a front blade and have it shipped? A former employee at my local case dealership says they have a ton of implements for the case lgts so I will try there first. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
:letitsnow: :winterrules:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
You want a 54" Utility Blade for the front of your 444. Any H, J, K, L, M-54 blade will work and so will the later UB-54 blade. Don't buy a 44" wide blade. Use your tape measure and check what you are buying.

Used blades will cost you anywhere from $100.00 to $400.00, depending on condition. Case has been handling a new line of garden tractors for many years but the attachments for those will not fit on your tractor. Make sure that they understand that you own a Case from 1981.

Three point hitches often bring $400.00 or more and a back blade is not a good way to plow snow. They are great for reaching into tight spots and pulling snow out so that it can be cleared using the front blade or a blower. My suggestion is to find a front blade and then focus on loading the rear tires, adding tire chains and wheel weights to get traction.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Nutcase446 said:
Case is handling a new line of garden tractors?
I use the term rather loosely. When Case brought out these GT's in 1965, they were called "Compact Tractors". Case and New Holland produce Compact tractors today but they are actually, "Compact Utility Tractors" and "sub-Compact Utility Tractors". Both are larger, heavier and more powerful than anything produced earlier.

http://www.caseih.com/en_us/Products/Tr ... ctors.aspx

http://agriculture.newholland.com/us/en ... odels.aspx

This is what happens when a perfectly good company called Case gets entangled with the defunct International Harvester corporation and later on with New Holland. However, Ingersoll produces tractors in the 20 HP range and so does New Holland.

·
Registered
877 Posts
ljones, what is your location? There may be a nearby member that can help you out. There's a few shows coming up also that you may find a blade at one of them, or again, another member that passes by the your place going home from a show may also be a help to you.

·
Registered
412 Posts
adding to Tom's comment.
Make sure it's got the shorter lift bar, 81 has the shorter frame length.
Not sure the bar's lenght, but someone here (me included, if I get my lazy self to the shed w/a tape) can tell you.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
old abe said:
adding to Tom's comment.
Make sure it's got the shorter lift bar, 81 has the shorter frame length.
Not sure the bar's lenght, but someone here (me included, if I get my lazy self to the shed w/a tape) can tell you.
The length of the lift bar only comes into play with the Sleeve Hitch. Any H model or later front blade will work on his tractor. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Snooped around the case dealership last night and saw some goodies, I took this picture from 50 feet away through a chain link fence so, I know nothing about it. What models of snow casters will fit my case? Turns out I have a new friend that I just learned works at the case dealership, so maybe I can get a discount :sidelaugh:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
:goodpost:

The snowcaster in the photo will work just fine if it is 48" wide. It appears to be 48".

The dump cart is also a nice item to have.

The vacuum in the cart is not a OEM Case item.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My friend just got back to me after his more comprehensive search for attachments. He said they have a bunch of 44 and 54 inch blades some new in the box and a few snow casters that are brand new too. His boss said that if I am interested he will give me a heck of a deal.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
ljones said:
My friend just got back to me after his more comprehensive search for attachments. He said they have a bunch of 44 and 54 inch blades some new in the box and a few snow casters that are brand new too. His boss said that if I am interested he will give me a heck of a deal.
I am willing to pay strong money + shipping for a new snowcaster, pm me with your dealership details.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will proably get a 44 inch blade since we get really heavy snow not the light stuff you northerners get. I have two disk weights I an guessing they weigh about 150 I will weigh them when I get home. If I come off the two tabs on the rear differential and make a braket will the tabs support this much weight?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
ljones said:
I will proably get a 44 inch blade since we get really heavy snow not the light stuff you northerners get. I have two disk weights I an guessing they weigh about 150 I will weigh them when I get home. If I come off the two tabs on the rear differential and make a braket will the tabs support this much weight?
You should get the 54" blade or you'll be disappointed. If you angle the smaller blade you won't be able to clear a path the width of the tractor.

If you make a weight bracket for the rear I suggest mounting to the bolts that hold the small tow hitch on and have a piece that can bolted to the two bolts just behind the top of the gas tank. That will hold any amount of weight you can come up with.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.