Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
444 case
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out what tire to go with for my 444,reading that they quit making the 8x16 Armstrong,also looking for a muffler for the k321.Any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
Trying to figure out what tire to go with for my 444,reading that they quit making the 8x16 Armstrong,also looking for a muffler for the k321.Any help would be appreciated
My 448 came with Wild Country 245-75R-16. They are about an inch smaller in diameter.it was suggested to go with 80R or 85R to get a taller tire. here is a link you might find helpful.

Cheer's
Gordy

·
Registered
65 Posts
What do you do with your tractor? Do you want it restored to a factory correct tire or are is it more about function? I use my 224 for snowblowing and tilling, so I went with ag lugged tires (Carlisle Tru Power) and they are great. With 16" wheels you have lots of options and could actually go with a mud/snow rated truck tire for something easier on the lawn, but still with some bite.

·
Registered
444 case
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What do you do with your tractor? Do you want it restored to a factory correct tire or are is it more about function? I use my 224 for snowblowing and tilling, so I went with ag lugged tires (Carlisle Tru Power) and they are great. With 16" wheels you have lots of options and could actually go with a mud/snow rated truck tire for something easier on the lawn, but still with some bite.
Just want it to look nice but more wanting it to be a work horse

·
Administrator
8,253 Posts
HI Guys
I see stock used Case Tires advertised on CL and evil bay
You might start a thread in the Buy Sell Wanted Trade Section
One of our members might sell a pair real reasonable to you
Once again not knowing were you call home does not help get you hooked up locally
That goes for All you newer guys.

bigman

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just want it to look nice but more wanting it to be a work horse
If mowing and other repetitive lawn work is the work it will be doing then a turf tire is what you want to look for.

It's hard to beat the traction of a lugged ag tire, especially in loose material. I find mine to be fine pulling trailers and such around the yard without damage to the turf. I will be excited to test them for snowblowing duty this winter. I like the looks of them even on my small 224.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts