Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
I recently replaced the headlamp wire on my '78 446 and was wondering where the wire was originally led. The previous wire (which was obviously NOT the original) was led across the motor to the right side of the oil cooler. Would appreciate some thoughts on a good place to physically run the wire from the ignition to the lamps.
Thanks - Tim

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
The question you pose is certainly valid but I'm not sure that you will get the answer you are looking for. After all, this is a 34 year-old tractor and unless someone on this forum happens to have one that they owned since it was brand new, then how would anyone know the number of times the headlamp wire has been disturbed since 1978? A pump failure, a lovejoy failure, a J-hose failure or an engine failure are all good reasons to retract the headlamp wire while the engine is being pulled from the chassis. To help you solve this problem, you need the assistance of the widest range of members responding to this thread to see if there is actually a consensus on the correct routing.

So......on behalf of tss8690 and of the forum's base of knowledge.......I ask all members who own a 1977, 1978 or 1979 446 to please take a look at how your headlamp wire is routed and then post that information in this thread. Once again, this is an opportunity for the lurkers who don't think that they are capable of contributing, to step up and make their voices heard. After all, how hard is it to examine your tractor and then post what you see?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.