Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a sucker for "Fix Me Up" projects so I picked up another 446 last weekend. It needs a little work as well as an engine but I have the engine covered as I have a B48 for it since I never sold that extra one I had. Payed $250 for it and 54" blade that's in great shape.

This came the eBay seller that I won his auction for the sleve hitch attachment thing that has a plow, disc and attachment that allows you take a Case blade and mount it on the back (pictures will be coming later with that), if it ever stops raining I'm going to do some serious playing in the dirt with it.

Check out the 2nd picture, it's the left side front axel, the paint is missing and discolored. Almost appears it was heated at one time but it doesn't appear to have been welded. Perhaps paint stripper or oil leak from the cooler line removed the paint?

[img=center:3hc4webi]http://www.casecoltingersoll.com/forum/gallery/image.php?mode=medium&album_id=54&image_id=495[/img:3hc4webi]

·
Administrator
2,934 Posts
eBoyDog said:
Check out the 2nd picture, it's the left side front axel, the paint is missing and discolored. Almost appears it was heated at one time but it doesn't appear to have been welded.
Speculation based on the amount of rust I can see on the left front rim: Maybe the right front spindle seized up and they had to heat it to free it up. :headscratcher:

This happened to me once... If the spindle shows any pitting after you get it apart that would support the theory.

But maybe 99flhr has it right.

Have fun!

:trink:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
k0jdd said:
eBoyDog said:
Check out the 2nd picture, it's the left side front axel, the paint is missing and discolored. Almost appears it was heated at one time but it doesn't appear to have been welded.
Speculation based on the amount of rust I can see on the left front rim: Maybe the right front spindle seized up and they had to heat it to free it up. :headscratcher:

This happened to me once... If the spindle shows any pitting after you get it apart that would support the theory.

But maybe 99flhr has it right.

Have fun!

:trink:
I was thinking Mr. Collision never thought of our friend Mr.Corrosion. Thanks !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.