Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Case 446 Tractor with Log Splitter - $500 (Andeson)
Date: 2011-05-13, 2:25PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Case 446 garden tractor with log splitter; tractor has the twin-cylinder 17hp Kholer engine, runs great but last time I started it would die after about 15 minutes--carb float??
The log splitter runs off the tractor hydraulics.
The steering wheel broke off, cracked from dry-rot.
front tires are miss-matched.
unit has been repainted.

The log splitter will split anything you put in it--heavy duty! It's not the Case brand, seems to be a home-built.
I'm not interested in splitting these two items--I'm cleaning out and want them gone.

located in central Andeson

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2379131813

Maynard :canada:

·
Registered
481 Posts
That air cleaner looks like it might have come from a Kohler Twin and thats why it wouldn't fit so and he cut a hole in the hood? This guy is as fond of the sawsall as most hacks are with duct tape.
CASE 220/4 if this guy comes near your tractor and it begins to sweat you'll know why. :lol:

·
Site Founder
1,801 Posts
BushBoneYard said:
He certainly seems anxious to sell.
I would be in a hurry to sell as well. Imagine what the neighbors must think...

On the other hand, if someone could pick it up for a reasonable sum as suggested it would be a wise purchase. Just make sure it goes in the garage.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
For $500.00, that's a unit that you could just park next to the wood pile permanently and throw a tarp over it in between usage. The tractor could be "saved" at any point down the road if someone was so inclined. In the meantime, it could earn its keep making firewood.

Remove the Kohler and buy a new hood for it ten years from now. Put a B43 back in when you finish the restoration. What's the big deal? I see a bargain. And the splitter will always have value that can be recovered anytime someone wants to sell it.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hydriv said:
For $500.00, that's a unit that you could just park next to the wood pile permanently and throw a tarp over it in between usage. The tractor could be "saved" at any point down the road if someone was so inclined. In the meantime, it could earn its keep making firewood.

Remove the Kohler and buy a new hood for it ten years from now. Put a B43 back in when you finish the restoration. What's the big deal? I see a bargain. And the splitter will always have value that can be recovered anytime someone wants to sell it.
I agree with that.

Maynard :canada:

·
Registered
877 Posts
If the repower seems to be done correctly, I wouldn't bother to remove it. I would however put a scoop on in similar to the factory. It seems to something that would make a good workhorse that one wouldn't get upset over getting scratched up

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.