Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me how much this tractor would be worth not running and restored. It's a 1987 448 with a 25 anniversary sticker on it. I just picked one up that did not run and I hope I didn't pay too much. I didn't look into too much because someone else was on there way to see it, but by the way the guy talked about what happen it sound like it broke a connecting rod. Not sure yet though, got home late last night and just pushed it in the garage. Also were all 1987 25th anniversary's or was this something special:???:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
All 1987 tractors were "Anniversary" models. Other than the sticker, nothing is different to any other tractor that was made in the same spread of PIN's.

In my opinion, a non-running tractor is nothing more than a "parts tractor" and it is worth $300.00 tops. Now, having said that, I will also say that my valuation is for a bare bones tractor and deck. If the tractor you bought has optional equipment such as the rear PTO or a sleeve hitch or a 3 pt hitch or a flow control valve, then the value will rise accordingly. Wheel weights, front weights, tire chains, extra rims with ag tires on them along with other attachments will also raise the value. Overall condition of the tractor also matters but only if the tractor is in near pristine condition.

Don't even think about restoring this tractor or rebuilding the engine unless YOU plan to keep it for a very long time. That is the way to see a return on your investment. You will lose money any other way. This is a decision you will have to make because rebuilding the Onan will likely cost you close to a grand. If you keep the tractor for ten years, that's only $100.00 a year. A brand new box store tractor will lose more than that annually and after ten years, it will be worth less than your old Case will.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.