Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
InTroubleAlltheTime said:
Nice looking tractor. Is the paint partially sanded/roughed up?
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich
Not sanded, just needs cleaned up some. Will prob paint after I get orig hood fitted and a few mech issues straightened out like travel control, hold valve, front tires. Complained about mowing too short all summer and discovered front tires are bout 2" shorter than OEM's. Also found a J46 deck shell so should be able to make 1 good mower out of 3? 448 was what I expected when I picked it up in central Mo. after ebay buy, not as described but what I expected. Kinda comical listening to seller "lie through his teeth" describing all work he had done and mowing tractor was doing.(wouldn't start to get off trailer and PTO clutch couldn't have worked due to miss assembly and missing parts) Steering is tight,very little wear on floor plates, tinwork good, but deck was beat to hell. Cost $750 and prob have another $50 in parts thanks to having a "parts" 446 also, but did drive 325 mi round trip to pick up. All that just for a hood scoop and CASE decal, lol

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mikebramel said:
Nice.

Try some of this on the paint
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp ... -(15-2-oz-)-Meguiar's_7590023-P_N3306_T%7CGRP2074_____

Well worth your time
Naaaa, that dull paint adds character! Note the shine on Snap On tool box in background of # 2 pic! lol (EDIT) any guesses what the MFJ on hood decal stands for? Winning prize is a six pack of domestic shipped free to winner in USA, don't want to commit to out of country shipping.

·
Administrator
2,934 Posts
dwag said:
any guesses what the MFJ on hood decal stands for? Winning prize is a six pack of domestic shipped free to winner in USA, don't want to commit to out of country shipping.
Mighty Fine Junk?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Winning prize is a six pack of domestic shipped free to winner in USA, don't want to commit to out of country shipping.[/quote]
Mighty Fine Junk?[/quote] NOPE, john
HINT: Named after recent movie character.[/quote]
How recent?[/quote] 2011, john

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hydriv said:
OK.... I'm the winner.

You can ship my prize to Snotrocket in Maine. I'll drink it when I arrive there on my visit. :thumbsup:
I'll ship it when U have the correct answer. As stated earlier, movie CHARACTER. Nice try though, like the drop ship idea. U did show class by PM me first guess rather than posting here! regards, john

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dweber85rc said:
Any more hints?
Movie was a comedy, my wife thinks name on 448 is disgusting.... she didn't like Blazing Saddles or Dumb and Dumber either, so what does she know! Actually got the nickname when I lost valve keeper down timing cover, any more hints I'd have to draw U guys a picture!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.