Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here, looking for information on where to get internal parts or better yet rebuilt short or long block for my 1980 448. Please help with any info... Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,569 Posts
Welcome aboard Tim !!! Great to have you here. RF has definitely steered you in the right direction with Boomer. Please keep us updated on your progress and post some pics when you're able to.

Enjoy the site
Capt Dan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome!

Assuming it is the original Onan, you should speak with Boomer. He can talk you through the process and ensure you get the right parts. Boomer's Used Onan Engine Parts
Yes, I spoke with Bob, he is kind of out of the business (semi retired) and does not have anything at this time. He suggested that I submit something on this site??? Hoping to hear something from someone else. Thanks.

·
Administrator
4,244 Posts
Well that plain friggin sucks! I guess all legends have to hand up their hat sometime but still. Probably your best bet for a good short block is a genset or welder unit. There is a little work involved in switching over the right parts from yours but it has been done many times. If you look around, a good generator /engine can sometimes be had for less than rebuilding a motor from scratch. A genset engine usually had an easy life as it only ran at 1800 rpms due to the fact that Onan used alternators to make power rather than generators.

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,386 Posts
New member here, looking for information on where to get internal parts or better yet rebuilt short or long block for my 1980 448. Please help with any info... Thanks
Welcome to the CCI forum Tim H. Sorry to hear that Bob "boomer" is retiring, I've had some interesting conversations with him in the past. I'll have to give him a call and chew the fat! It would be great to hear about your Onan and where the problem with it is?

Keep the Peace
Harry

·
Administrator
2,841 Posts
Welcome

Tips for newcomers...

Please go to your member profile and list your location. This helps when you want to price, sell, or buy something.

Detailed instructions can be found here --> https://casecoltingersoll.com/showthread.php/89291-How-to-add-location-to-your-profile

Please resist the temptation to 'Look with your mouth'. 👍
The search box is on the TOP of every page.

Please take the time to at least scan the titles of the Frequently Asked Questions before you ask one of them.

Visit the technical library and see what a wide range type of information is available there.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Welcome to the site. There is plenty of write ups and helpful folks here to get you through the process

1 - 9 of 9 Posts