Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gooday Gentlemen;
I have a 1981 448 hood scoop unit with a few attachments, the most recent of which is a NOS still-in-the-box sleeve hitch. I really didn't need one, but I couldn't resist the notion of actually dealing with a new Case part not requiring hours of welding, sandblasting and painting. I just installed the sleeve hitch and typically, I neglected to ascertain if I can use the 54" front plow at the same time. I am assuming the snowcaster will work at the same time but it looks like the plow arm and the sleeve hitch arm are going to compete for space on the bell crank plate. Am I right in this observation, or is there some obscure 'work-around' for this situation.
As usual, I await your sage advice and guidance.
Troll :headscratcher:

·
Registered
877 Posts
The sleeve hitch can stay in place. The trick is to remove the lift arm from the hitch, then put a bolt thru the small drawbar and thru the hitch to hold it up up out of the way. My first tractor came to me with the bolt in place, the arm hooked up and the deck on. Looked like the PO had used the lift for the deck and the hitch bent the drawbar down. Don't forget to take the bolt out when you put the lifting arm back on.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Presuming that your blade uses an under the axle lift rod then there is a conflict as both the lift links need to be attached to an adapter plate. The simplest solution is to simply install a 1/2" bolt to support the sleeve hitch from the small hitch plate on the transaxle. There really is no need for a lift on the sleeve hitch when you're plowing.

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Billygoat said:
The sleeve hitch can stay in place. The trick is to remove the lift arm from the hitch, then put a bolt thru the small drawbar and thru the hitch to hold it up up out of the way. My first tractor came to me with the bolt in place, the arm hooked up and the deck on. Looked like the PO had used the lift for the deck and the hitch bent the drawbar down. Don't forget to take the bolt out when you put the lifting arm back on.
:+1: That's how I left the sleeve hitch on my Case 224 with mower deck on tractor.
Troll: How about some pictures of that 448...... :thumbsup: :usa: :canada:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Messrs. Bart, Billygoat and Rich;
Much obliged for the advice and photo. I am delighted to report that the sleeve hitch arm is safely tucked away where it will take the maximum time to find it in the Spring. The plow is on and functioning nicely, now that it has the bell crank plate all to itself.
Rich, I will endeavour to learn how to post pix......this could take a while....
Thanks again gents. Timely and accurate info, as usual.
Troll :clap:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.