Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well what we have here is another whats it worth quiz.

What I have my peepers set on is a 78 or 79 448, with a junk motor .A piece of the spark plug broke off and got in the cylinder and trashed the bore. I think it has a weight box on the back.

Has a 48" snowcaster that is missing the lift bar I think thats whats missing anyway and he thinks he would take $300 for everything, but he's open to offers. Trouble is its a 500 mile round trip for me ,so whats it worth ? I thought about throwing $200 at him, all told money wise including gas that would put me right around $300

Mark

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
448's did not officially happen until 1980 but advance production took place in 1979.

A complete 48" snowcaster in decent condition is worth $350.00 all by itself.

The tractor with a blown engine is always worth $150.00 just for parts. Used Onan's can be had for $500.00 or so.

If he will take $200.00 for it, then go pack a lunch and saddle up.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I finally called this guy in NY and it looks like I'm going to be heading to NY. He said he would take $200 for the 448 and the snowcaster and I even get the blown motor, his wife is happy now. The snowcaster is missing the lift linkage so I'll be looking foe one of those or make one for it. :thumbsup:

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.