Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out looking to buy a trailer and the lady had this 6020 in mint condition, sitting in the yard. I asked if it happened to be for sale too and to my surprise she said it was but not even listed yet. I haven't had this much luck ever. Been looking for a case loader in good shape since 1st purchasinf my other tractors.

Planning on making a deal with her this week and picking it up over the weekend. Planning on adding a PF engineering backhoe to this machine over the winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
462 Posts
Was out looking to buy a trailer and the lady had this 6020 in mint condition, sitting in the yard. I asked if it happened to be for sale too and to my surprise she said it was but not even listed yet. I haven't had this much luck ever. Been looking for a case loader in good shape since 1st purchasinf my other tractors.

Planning on making a deal with her this week and picking it up over the weekend. Planning on adding a PF engineering backhoe to this machine over the winter.
What a score!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts

I bought a 2002 6020 a couple months ago . I love it

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice find!

Definitely be interested to follow the backhoe build thread you'll be starting.. ;)

I have operated 2 small backhoes (own one of them..) and still think about either building one from scratch, or building a whole new (longer!!) arm for the one on my 8200 and using the one that comes off as the basis for a 2nd build on another, dedicated digger machine. I could definitely come up with some input on how not to build something you'll be annoyed by. 😂

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice find!

Definitely be interested to follow the backhoe build thread you'll be starting.. ;)

I have operated 2 small backhoes (own one of them..) and still think about either building one from scratch, or building a whole new (longer!!) arm for the one on my 8200 and using the one that comes off as the basis for a 2nd build on another, dedicated digger machine. I could definitely come up with some input on how not to build something you'll be annoyed by. 😂

As I go over the PF drawings and then the parts breakout of the OEM Woods backhoes, I realize the PF would be undersized on the 6020. I am working with a local builder to see about coming up with something closer to the OEM. I will start a separate thread for sure. I have a number of questions for the group.

Ill take any two cents i can get on this! 😂

·
Registered
886 Posts
Awesome. Just so you know the 6018s also came with an amerequip 80a backhoe. That's what's on mine. It was also sold as a John deere model 7 bh to JD. May make things easier if your looking for one.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Interesting. Found this: Manual

Hard to tell from the crappy pics in there, but looking up the JD model 7 confirms it, that it seems to be a slightly newer/better (...maybe) version of the same backhoe which is called a B670 on a Kubota. Here's a nice one.

Wheel Tire Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle

I'm actually fixing up a B670 on a tractor like that for a friend as we speak. Clearly the arms themselves are different but the outriggers and the swing mechanisms are the same. And... that's where all the trouble is. 😂

On the one i'm fixing up, one outrigger is bent, both outrigger mounts are bent, and the swing mechanism is completely worn out and not 'easily' serviceable. I would NOT recommend duplicating that design without some changes. Except the arm! I think the arm is fine. Except i actually cut off the majority of my buddy's dipper arm (everything past the plate that says Kubota) to rebuild it with 3x3 square tube to narrow the bucket attachment points so that it's compatible with my other backhoe, not to mention all the BX backhoes and maybe more i don't know about.

So yeah, that's one of the small backhoes i'm familiar with and i DONT love it. I like the lightweight digging arm designs for the most part, but the whole base of it is not great and the reach is not great either. I think any reach short of a 6.5 ft backhoe feels dumb. But, usually you see digging depth listed more than 'ground reach' so keep in mind a 6.5ft backhoe can reach more like 10ft across the ground. The actual 80a with its different arm will reach 9'6" across the ground according to the manual i posted up there. I would consider that the minimum to build to.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think that depends too much on the local conditions and the owner. Some of them are parked with the rods exposed for decades and are pretty much fine. I think the quality and condition of the chrome, combined with the local climate and storage conditions (under a roof? under a tarp? exposed?) determines how long until it's a problem. But in general i would say you're more likely to nick/bend/damage the rods in use and have problems that way, than to have them go bad because of 'storage conditions', unless it's something you just barely use, 5-10 hrs a year or something like that. Just my educated guess at it from having a backhoe only about a year and as a mechanic fixing things my whole life. I can't claim to have personally ever let any hydraulics 'sit out' long enough to go bad from sitting.

·
'68 - Case 155, '73 - 646a
2,060 Posts
On Case - Ingersoll loaders the bucket cylinder operates opposite to most. It extends to curl ,which is the more powerful direction and retracts to dump, the less powerful direction.

So storing a Case loader with the bucket dumped has the bucket cylinder retracted

Question, is that the normal way to park a loader bucket? I would be concerned about the rams being exposed to the weather and pitting.

·
Registered
331 Posts
On Case - Ingersoll loaders the bucket cylinder operates opposite to most. It extends to dump ,which is the more powerful direction and retracts to dump, less powerful direction.

So storing a Case loader with the bucket dumped has the bucket cylinder retracted
I was unclear, I was referring to the bare cylinder rods on the arms, not the bucket itself.

·
Registered
462 Posts
On Case - Ingersoll loaders the bucket cylinder operates opposite to most. It extends to dump ,which is the more powerful direction and retracts to dump, less powerful direction.

So it extends to DUMP and retracts to DUMP too?

'whole lotta dumpin' going on.....

:geek::geek::geek::geek::LOL:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts