Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Site Founder
Joined
·
1,801 Posts
Jim did a great job tearing the Deluxe apart. He is going to make an excellent Restorer. He does like the PB Blaster. I wonder if he puts it in his coffee???

The HF box is really nice. I would recommend that everyone get one. :thumbup: The quality of items at HF has steadily become better and better. Of course you have to watch out for problem items. The feedback on their site kind of gives some indication, but you need to look for yourself. Jim made me buy a bunch of things, and after I have tested them for awhile I will post my thoughts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Sorry, Hat NOT Russian. Is Norway, and Sweden. Tromso Norway is where they started made from Blue Fox pelts. End of history lesson. Been there as a young man, froze ass off, drunk, froze ass off again, some of the most drop dead beautiful Women I ever saw, left docks with frozen ass. Head still hurts thinking about it. P.S. great start on your tractor.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,618 Posts
NutCASE said:
The Hydraulic fluid in the rear end was remarkably clear, while the system is sealed the filter in the bottom that attaches to the line fitting was gummed up (sorry no photo) we'd taken out a few fragments of iron but mostly 'fillings' and 'shaving's. But the Fluid was probably FULL in that we had nearly 1 gallon of oil.
If ten quarts equals "nearly 1 gallon", then the rear end was full.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,618 Posts
Grasshopper still have much to learn, Kemo Sabe.

Him not know that trans-axle IS the reservoir for system.

Grasshopper not realize that other "tank" for fuel...not oil.

Kemo Sabe need to give Grasshopper manuals to study.

Grasshopper need to take test to make sure he understand what manuals say.

:sidelaugh:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,618 Posts
NutCASE said:
tanandorange said:
Hydriv said:
If ten quarts equals "nearly 1 gallon", then the rear end was full.
:facepalm: :lol:
Ya John when I read that I was "OMG' ...he reads it all Ha ha ha :sidelaugh: ...I gotta be more careful...but what the hay it is all good! If he'd ever come out of the Great White North...he would see how much oil was in there and NOT rely on some 'rookies' input...but that too is fine by me...I deserved it! :trink:

But it shows just how smart he is...LOL those are METRIC QUARTS! :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:
Vacation is over, Jimbo. School is back in.

No such thing as a METRIC quart.

The Imperial system uses pints, quarts and gallons.

The Metric system uses Milliliters, Centiliters, Deciliters, Liters, Dekaliters, Hectoliters and Kiloliters.

Your American quart is smaller than our litre. One litre = 1.05668821 US quarts.

Nice try but no cigar. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,618 Posts
NutCASE said:
Hydriv said:
Grasshopper still have much to learn, Kemo Sabe.

Him not know that trans-axle IS the reservoir for system.

Grasshopper not realize that other "tank" for fuel...not oil.

Kemo Sabe need to give Grasshopper manuals to study.

Grasshopper need to take test to make sure he understand what manuals say.

:sidelaugh:
Kemo Sabe was in the Lone Ranger

Grasshopper was in Kung Fu

so whilst I have a lot to learn...admittedly I am learning from the best. And yes Mr Arnold that includes you! I go through the fourm's and read your old posts and still shake my head...you have an incredible wealth of knowledge...and at My Shephard buddys place I have learned a lot and am open to learning much much more...this is fun for me! Master Po :trink:

So while I 'technically' have much to learn, someday soon you'll see the benefits of my endeavors in the C/C/I's I restore and help with! :happybday:
Kemo Sabe WAS the Lone Ranger.

Grasshopper WAS Kwai Chang Caine... the lead character of the series.

Jack and I look forward to seeing your restoration work.

I don't know who it is you are wishing Happy Birthday. It couldn't be me because I still have months to go and I'm in no hurry to get there. :sidelaugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
568 Posts
NutCASE said:
Ya John when I read that I was "OMG' ...he reads it all Ha ha ha :sidelaugh: ...I gotta be more careful...but what the hay it is all good! If he'd ever come out of the Great White North...he would see how much oil was in there and NOT rely on some 'rookies' input...but that too is fine by me...I deserved it! :trink:

But it shows just how smart he is...LOL those are METRIC QUARTS! :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:
Sorry Jim, I wasn't laughing at you as much as I was at Tom's wry humor. And if it's any consolation, none of MY brain farts get by him either. :oops: Hey, good luck with your Silver Anniversary 448. It would have been cool if they had done something with the paint scheme (like on the silver-hood 100 series) but still kinda cool.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top