Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I don't know what engine this has but a Kohler 16 hp was NOT original which raises questions about the quality of a retrofit. It also seems to be missing the hood??

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Bart said:
I don't know what engine this has but a Kohler 16 hp was NOT original which raises questions about the quality of a retrofit. It also seems to be missing the hood??
Question: What years were the Case loaders (not Ingersoll) all power red, if any?
Price of $3000 on an altered machine?
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
The 600's were introduced in 1972 and they had Power Red frames/axles etc just like the 200/400 models but the tin was painted yellow. This continued until some time in 1976, I believe and then the Power Red was dropped from the 600's in favour of the all Power Tan used by the Construction Equipment Division of Case. Presumably this was done so that these units matched the paint scheme of the Case construction equipment. That way, they wouldn't look strange sitting next to a 580 loader/backhoe.

Case never painted a 600 as an all-Power Red machine. Only Ingersoll did that.

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Hydriv said:
Case never painted a 600 as an all-Power Red machine. Only Ingersoll did that.
OK Thanks Tom. I have seen two other 600 series advertised for sale in the past in all Power Red, so I guess like me they happened to like all Power Red in a tractor as I do and altered them. I do like the Power Red/Yellow combo of the earlier models. JMO
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
case 646 tractor - $3000 (farmington)

Date: 2011-04-30, 5:13PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

1960's case 646. 16 horse kohler engine,weighted tires,concrete weight bolted on back,new seat, fresh paint all hydrolics work good. bucket is all solid and plenty of power, kept undercover. took the tractor on trade last year and dont have much use for it so would like to trade for boat or small camper or newer lawn mower with a 2 stage snow blower attm. or maybe even something else? try me.(207-491-2834)

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
JSB Case said:
Hydriv said:
This continued until some time in 1976, I believe and then the Power Red was dropped from the 600's in favour of the all Power Tan used by the Construction Equipment Division of Case.
Didn't you mean Power Yellow? :headscratcher: :trink:
I think that you are probably correct. I am certainly wrong by saying Power Tan. That was definitely used by Case on construction equipment.

Case used a couple of yellow paint colours in the early years and I have not paid that much attention to which one was used where. I believe that there was an "Industrial Yellow" and a "Federal Yellow".. I see that some paint suppliers do offer "Power Yellow". Here is an interesting paint chart. I don't know who created it though.

http://www.zenitram-inc.com/Files/CaseColor.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.