Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,642 Posts
I see a round metal bar on the back of the bucket that goes through a bracket. The round bar is unpainted. What is that all about?

Keep the Peace
Harry

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I see a round metal bar on the back of the bucket that goes through a bracket. The round bar is unpainted. What is that all about?

Keep the Peace
Harry
Good eye Harry. That is a place holder until I get a new pin. It's actually my old loader pivot shaft and I have that stool on top of it so that I don't trip on it. :)

The old pins were badly worn, so I am having replacements made.

In the first picture you can see the unpainted 3 point hitch laying flat between the rear tires. It needs some significant repairs so I have stalled out on that part of the project. Hopefully I'll get refocused on that part and eventually get it painted and mounted.

The CCKA fired up over the weekend. It ran well. I had completely rebuilt the engine so it was a nail biter firing it for the first time. No spark initially, but turned out to be dirty points. What a pain to work on the points with that rear access cover!

Running the engine revealed a small hydraulic leak underneath that will require some more investigation. Lots of adjustments and tinkering ahead.

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,642 Posts
I know what you mean about firing up an engine after rebuilding. Two years ago I rebuilt a CCKA and added a trandenser with new points and an electric fuel pump. I initially set the carb at the suggested needle settings and when I cranked it over it fired up and set there idling. I thought I was going to wet my pants I was so happy. The trandenser makes it so you never have to go into the points box again.

Glad to hear yours is running fine and your probably getting anxious to use the machine. I know I was!

Keep the Peace
Harry

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely! Of all things, I’m still missing the seat due to a mix up with the pan and tool tray hinge. I have one of each style and they don’t fit together well.

The transdencer is something I’m considering. Sounds like lots of good reports with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
What tires do you have on the real?
I see Godyear but what size and can you still get them?
Seems I am having problems getting new tires with ag tire tread?
Maybe you have different rims that I mine are factoring rims.
Thank you
Stan Johnson

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What tires do you have on the real?
I see Godyear but what size and can you still get them?
Seems I am having problems getting new tires with ag tire tread?
Maybe you have different rims that I mine are factoring rims.
Thank you
Stan Johnson
Hi Stan,

The tires are Titan/Goodyear R14Ts (R4T3Y7GE). These are the original size tire (27X8.5X15) on the original rims, but with a hybrid tread pattern. The pattern isn't as good as a full ag, but I think is better than skid steer style for dirt/mud traction. So far I have run them over wet turf without puncturing through to dirt. I imagine if I made repeated passes I would eventually wear through of course. When I got these in 2021, there seemed to be a limited window of availability, but hopefully that has since improved. I had them shipped from the US to Canada so I did pay quite a bit in the end for them.

Ryan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts