Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made up two new linkages (as others have done) to correct slop in the loader control. Here is the old linkage with egged out hole.

What have others done for wear on the pin itself? Bushing? JB weld? Cut off and weld on a new 5/16 stub?

The previous owner managed the issue by stacking some washers to get beyond the wear zone, but there is not much room left for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1,861 Posts
If I recall, I enarged the holes in the links at the top end and I added a bushing to the worn lever that bridged over the worn area. I had similar wear, just not quite as bad.
IMO, thats is apoorly thought out design. they are causing the links to bind on the pins and in the spool valves when you are using the controls,which contributes to the wear and issues..

I had look at trying to put rod ends - heim joints in there, but the links are too short. The Heim joints would bridge the worn pins on the control lever.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ll see if I can find a bushing locally that will bridge things. That seems most straightforward.

I’m a bit nervous about cutting the pin off and getting a new one located correctly. However, there might be sufficient margin for error in the system to account for me not welding the new pin in the exact location or slightly crooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
519 Posts
Instead of welding, drill, thread, new pin threaded in. If that whole piece can be taken out easily. How about getting fancy and put a wheel bearing on that linkage plate.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I agree with Iko. I would just cut it off flush, then drill, and tap it. That way, if your new pin wears, you can just replace it. (New pin made from a hard bolt, just cutting off the head of the bolt).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts