Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several months ago, my wife and I drove 10+ hours, round trip, to get this. The guy I bought it from had gotten it thru an auction, sight unseen. It had a giant Kohler 582 jammed it it. He was able to start the motor and show that the tractor moved and the bucket hydraulics worked. We bought it. Once home, I was able to go thru a little closer. Decided to take the Kohler out and replace with an 18hp Vanguard. Since the motor is out, I was looking over some things. The fwd/rev lever is not attached to anything. Appears that there is no banana plate. I see where I can order a kit on here. I do not have ANY need for the mid-mount lift, so want to remove that and cap off where the hoses go into the control valve.
I hope to have this sorted-out before spring. Have several hoses yet To replace. Good thing, is it is in the garage. Bad thing is it is in the garage. My car is outside…

Should I have started this thread in the restoration folder?
Happy Thanksgiving
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
572 Posts
My car hasn't see a garage for over 40 years LOL Mainly because I live on a corner lot in the city, and the city don't like all them goodies set in the yard. That is a nice tractor, good luck with it...........Curt

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,332 Posts
Looks like a nice project tractor rpickle. From your narrative it says "he showed the tractor moved." With no banana plate and the fwd rev lever disconnected. How did he get the tractor to move? Enjoy getting this relic back up and working. Thanks for saving another one.

Keep the Peace
Harry

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,332 Posts
Good question. The travel control valve is connected. The lever on the dash for forward/reverse is not connected.
The travel control valve and the forward/reverse lever attach to the banana plate, see below.

Keep the Peace
Harry

Plant Branch Twig Font Art
Plant Branch Twig Font Art

1 - 5 of 5 Posts