Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I bought this last year - never used it ..Had two cylinders rebuilt and tonight after a couple
beers I decided to go the barn and put some gas and get her going. It’s headed to a guy in my area who works on case stuff for a much needed tune up and maintenance . I’m excited for a summer full of digging holes and moving stuff!
Looking for a grill if you happen to have one let me know .
Thanks guys- I enjoy this forum quite a bit.

·
Administrator
5,997 Posts
A whiles back, I thought the vendors sold a fairly close front grill for these. I purchased it and It's close, would need a bit of work, like 1/4" wider if memory serves me correctly. Since I had the old one, I ended up repairing that instead. So, in saying all this, if you're into doing a few slight modifications to a front grill, (I'm sure it could be done without really knowing what was done to it), you could check with our vendors. If you go that route, just post it on here to confirm,,

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Mlinn67...that 646 B looks familiar....my son bought one from a guy in lockport a few years back and got it running and i'm just wondering if you bought it from somebody in western ny....here's a pic of the one my son had....complete with a kubota bucket mounted to the case fork bracket which looks like the setup you have....and his hydraulic tank was also yellow like yours....if it's the same tractor; i guess it's a small world....that thing will do a lot of work....

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,139 Posts
mconway I live in Lockport, NY and never saw the one your son purchased come up for sale. Did your son sell his recently?
Keep the Peace
Harry

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mconway-
I bought it just north of Brockport last year , it does look like the same tractor - would love to get a little history on it if possible ! Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
88 Posts
i know exactly where ya got it....it's my son's that he traded for a 446 with some attachments....here are some pics of how the 646 looked when it came from lockport to my son's house....i made two trips to get the tractor and boxes of parts and then the d100 backhoe....look at how the motor was....but he got it goin'....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Harry....i remember you telling me that when i first posted about this....he traded for a 446 with some attachments but he put the d100 hoe to some good use while he had the 646b....hope all is well with the craziness in the world....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mlinn67....here's the first thing that caught my eye....top pin in the bucket....that fork mounting bracket is apparently a much sought after piece and that one isn't cut and welded as the kubota bucket is bolted on...also it's a lot heavier than the original case bucket so without the hoe or weight on the back it doesn't push dirt very well....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mconway-
Great history and pictures! The information you provided really fills in some holes (literally) for the background of the tractor !
I’m so glad you saw this post!
I wonder what happened to the original case bucket?

·
Registered
88 Posts
just a heads up....the flywheel key is one he had laying around...NOT the correct one....guessing the two cylinders you rebuilt are for the boom....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your son is pretty talented to put it back together and get it working! I’m glad he did ..

·
Registered
88 Posts
yeah, he ain't afraid to get his hands dirty....here's another of his toys that he built....'98 mitsubishi eclipse gsx....dyno'd at 417hp....turbo, dohc four....this thing will definitely get the pucker factor goin....(y)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts