The good news is I think I have it adjusted properly now. It's almost like I have a new tractor. I wouldn't say I have it dialed in 100%, but it is sooooo much better. When I go in reverse, it really seems to hook up to the ground and is a bit abrupt. Forward is perfect and a great speed in high gear.
By tore it all apart I took the ball all the way out of the valve and the banana plate each time I adjusted it. I would count the threads each time I made an adjustment, reinstall, and try again. I ended up shortening it almost all the way so that only 3 threads were showing. The tools I have were the limiting factor for me. My wrenches were too long, there were too many hoses, the bar that the travel pedal is attached to was in the way. If I ever need to do this again I am going to buy a cheap wrench and cut that sucker down to the perfect length so I don't have to do it the way I did it. The 7020 travel valve is covered by the banana plate more than in the picture you've got. Not by much, but by enough to make things tight. There are also some micro switches down there that are a PITA. I disconnected the wires to them, and that just left 4 sharp metal tines for me to skewer my hand on when the wrench slipped. And don't even get me going on those cotter pins. The one that holds the shoulder bushing on, you have to install blind!
For the record,I am cheap, I have huge ideas, I am not very mechanically inclined and I often don't have the right tools.
But it's fun to try!