Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my rear end is not locked up, never was, long story short I had a wheel chock in the way every time I tried to push it. Yup.

Anyhow now she still does not wish to listen. The hydraulic tank is full but the pump is dry. I run the tractor, she starts fine, but there is no fluid flowing. The pump just tries its best but it isn't pumping anything, there is no fluid getting to the drive, the pto, or the sleeve hitch.

This makes me unhappy.

Any thoughts?

·
Tractor Whisper
3,703 Posts
Take good flashlight look in at Love-joy pump coupling I know tight place with engine running Idle see if coupling and pump shaft turning you may have half moon key broke one on each end coupling are set screw loosen and coupling slide apart.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
I'm with Gator on this one. The Lovejoy is the first thing to check. The rubber spiders are well known to harden with age/heat to the point of brittleness. Then they disintegrate until there is nothing left of them except crumbs. With no spider, the jaws of the coupler halves quickly destroy each other and then the pump stops turning.

What makes you think the pump is dry? The only way that could happen is if

- there was no oil in the reservoir

- the reservoir outlet was blocked 100%

- the inlet hose was collapsed to the point of being 100% blocked.

There are six quarts of oil in the reservoir that is sitting five inches higher than the inlet of the pump. That constitutes a "flooded inlet" in hydraulic parlance so unless you have one of the above conditions, your pump is not dry.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I REALLY Hate to agree with Tom on this one but.........(that hurt just saying it) :sidelaugh: ....... I had the same thing happen on my 71 444, the pump key had "wallered" the lovejoy and was just spinning, not accomplishing anything.....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hydriv said:
dbeiter said:
I REALLY Hate to agree with Tom on this one but.........(that hurt just saying it) :sidelaugh: .........
Oh, dear me.

I see that the bloom is off the rose. :eek: :eek:
:sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.