Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to get rid of this stack on my tractor.If I have read correctly,the exhaust pipe and muffler for these are nearly non exsistant or very expensive if you can find one.My question is....... Does anyone have some good pictures of a stock pipe/muffler for this year?Is it round or oval shaped like a car?I have seen so many I am not sure what came on it from the factory.I am going to try and fab my own muffler but need some pics to go by.Anything is appreciated.Thanks,Richie

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
All you need to do is make use of our Technical Library. Find the serial number of your tractor. Go the Parts Manuals/Onan Powered Tractors and locate the parts book that deals with your serial number. You will find nice depictions of the pancake dual exhaust system used on the 446 tractors from 1972 to extremely early 1976.

The mufflers have been NLA (no longer available) from Ingersoll for at least five years. Sometimes you see one or even a pair of NOS (new old stock) show up but you might have to pay $500.00 plus to obtain them. Even then, I would not want them because they don't last all that long. You are far better off making yourself copies from stainless steel right from the cylinder head to the exhaust tip, including the mounting brackets. Do it once and then never do it again.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Hydriv said:
Go the Parts Manuals/Onan Powered Tractors and locate the parts book that deals with your serial number. You will find nice depictions of the pancake dual exhaust system used on the 446 tractors from 1972 to extremely early 1976.
He has a Kohler powered 444 going by the subject line. :facepalm:
Same advice though, go to the parts manuals/Kohler powered tractors.
I have a '74 444 and also will be needing an exhaust. I will probably build my own.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Thanks BG,
For some reason, I missed that. :sidelaugh:

The 74's used a huge pancake muffler to quiet the tractor down. If you don't want to build your own, you could go with one of the early style reproduction mufflers sold by Jim Daenzer.

Go to the MEMBERS link at the top of the page and then find "oldcasecoltguy". You can PM him or send him an e-mail.

If you wish to see what those mufflers look like, just check out the parts manuals for the old 100 series in the sixties. Jim might also have the later muffler used on the early 200/400 series tractors prior to 1973.

Sorry about that previous post. :sidelaugh:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
That's not a problem. Go to the members list and send a PM to NutCASE. Jim has a couple tractors with the correct muffler on them and he would be more than happy to provide you with all the dimension details you need.

Tell him that I volunteered him for the task. :sidelaugh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.