Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello CCI enthusiasts, I have a what looks to be original 220. I just recently have put some time aside to get it operating as it should. When I first bought the 220 the owner told me the deck was inoperable. When I got thee tractor home I was driving it around the yard and was able to get the blades to spin if I held the PTO lever hard in the on position. The lever would not stay engaged and the blades seemed to turn half heartedly. That was last year. Yesterday I treated her to some maintenance. Drained and cleaned out fuel tank, new plug, carb cleaned, air filter cleaned, and clened the fins on the heat exchanger. She runs great. While she was running, I revved her up with the hood up and tried to engage the PTO so I could see the mechanism while running. The linkages seemed a little loose, but if I held the lever in the on position and kept pushing up on it, the blade belt would start to move very slowly. Is there an adjustment for the clutch or linkages that would make it possible for the clutch to fully engage? And could you guide me to the proper portion of the forum for info on this tractor. 1973 Case 220 9673628. Thanks all!

·
Premium Member
2,852 Posts
Being a 73 I believe it should have a shim adjust clutch on it, here's a link to a manual for that.

If I am wrong or someone replaced it with an EZ-adjust clutch, here's the manual for that.

If you look to the top right of the screen you will see a stack of dots and lines, click on that and scroll down to the "Technical library" for other manuals you may need ;)

Cheers,
Gordy

·
Registered
254 Posts
You may also want to check the deck itself and make sure that the spring is on the tension pulley so that the deck belt is tight enough to spin the outside blades or only the center blade will spin. Also make sure all the blades are lined up in same direction.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You may also want to check the deck itself and make sure that the spring is on the tension pulley so that the deck belt is tight enough to spin the outside blades or only the center blade will spin. Also make sure all the blades are lined up in same direction.
Thanks Gordy and Coalcracker! With any luck I will get time to check that out today. If I get that deck working, I am going to move on to my 4020ps. It has a hydro leak in a small hose underneath of the resevoir. I need to get it running cuz I plan on splitting firewood with a logsplitter for the first time this year. I bought the 4020 with a plow, chains and an Ingersoll logsplitter. The wife says it's time for me to quit splitting with the maul. I test split with it this spring before the hose started leaking. That splitter splits so fast it could keep 2 men(or women) humping all day to keep up with it!!
Thanks again.
Pat
QUOTE]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts