Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new to me 444 had the most rigged up exhaust system I've ever seen on any GT I've bought. I am looking at options for replacing the entire system including stacks, stock, aftermarket, etc. Could some of you 444 guys post some pictures of your ideas and thoughts? Thanks in advance Case men!

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,360 Posts
Adam
Is the stock muffler still there, you can rebuild it.
Keep a eye on pay-bay there always parts there.
Post in the buy/sell wanted Section here on this site someone might have just what you need.
Dan White (Michigan fan) may have what you need as well he's a good/fair guy to deal with.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I have what appears to be the stock muffler but all the pipes were just loose bolted together copper. Leaking, and not fitted nicely at all. The pipe coming from the head is only about 5" long and stops. Do the stock pipes just bolt to this "header"? I like the look of a stack on these Case GTs so I may go that route if I can make it work? Adam

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Matt, thanks for the pictures! Nice tractor! Is the head standard pipe thread and is that the stock head? Reason I ask is the head on my 444 has Pipe coming out that is attached by 2 Allen bolts? I've never seen this on any of the other K321 engines I've had. I plan on removing it and taking a look soon. Letting the PA blaster work on it for a while first. Adam

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
Bowtie.....could you post some closeups of the support brkt with the muffler clamp? We share the identical exh.sys setup, I wanted to do the reinforcement but never got around to it.... thanks!

·
Site sponsor, Parts Dealer
3,055 Posts
Hello Adam, Looking at your pictures it looks like you have the stock muffler under the hood.We just wanted to let you know that the insulation and wrapper do go bad and are available. We do stock all, plus we also stock new mufflers for that. Please check us out at www.barneveldimp.com Take care, Bill

·
Registered
184 Posts
Matt, thanks for the pictures! Nice tractor! Is the head standard pipe thread and is that the stock head? Reason I ask is the head on my 444 has Pipe coming out that is attached by 2 Allen bolts? I've never seen this on any of the other K321 engines I've had. I plan on removing it and taking a look soon. Letting the PA blaster work on it for a while first. Adam
Yes the exhaust port in the block is 1" pipe thread. I believe all K321's are this way. Once you've removed the existing nipple you can use 1" pipe.

Matt

·
Registered
184 Posts
Bowtie.....could you post some closeups of the support brkt with the muffler clamp? We share the identical exh.sys setup, I wanted to do the reinforcement but never got around to it.... thanks!
I'll take a better picture of it tomorrow Jeff. Its not a very strong support, but its enough to catch the exhaust from coming back, and landing on my right leg.:shock: LOL!

Matt

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
Thank you Matt!!!! I appreciate it very much.... I'll make something up like you did....
Also, if you ever get the urge for the flared pipe look, and want to remove the rain cap, use 1 1/2" bathroom drain tubing to create the extension and a P trap for the curve, then pop rivet together.... Also, drill a small 1/8 hole in the lowest part of the water pipe manifold to ensure no water gets in and sprays you on start up.

Once again, thanks!
Jeff

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is there any reason the exhaust can't be made up of just regular cast iron plumbing pipe? of course you need a muffler on the end of it...

the stock muffler fits across under the front of the hood, but most people who make up their own, don't do that. what's the pros and cons of that? what's the pro/con of a vertical stack, or a short horizontal muffler beside the engine?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts