Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

A Caseracer from Florida

6K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  Hydriv 
#1 ·
Hey Guys and Gals, I'm new to the forum so I wanted to stop in and say Hi! As the title says I'm into building the smaller Cases for Lawn Mower Racing. I grew up in Ky farming Case tractors in the 60's and & 70's. I always had a facination for the garden tractors after my cousin had a 130 when we were kids. As I got older Tractor Pulling was my hobby with Case tractors of course and later Case Garden Tractors. I moved to the Daytona Beach area of Florida in the 80's and couldn't find any pullers in my area. I still tinkered with the garden tractors. One day I spotted some guys racing mowers at the county fair and was hooked. The 100 series seemed like a good possibility. I built my first "stock" (about 20 mph) class mower with a 108 and a Briggs 12.5. Now several years later my partner and I have Hard Case Racing. We currently race four mowers in classes ranging from the restricted single cylinder class where my partner was the 2008 All American Champion up to the Open V-Twin class. We race mostly in the South East. My newest racer is a Case 116 frame and sheet metal with a 52 Cu In Kohler. This V-Twin features a Billet Steel Stroker Crank and Roller Cam and produces alittle over 70 hp. My current project is restoring a 130 to use for a pit buggy to tow the racers. It's completely disassembled and awaiting Paint. Here's a few pics of the Racers.

See less See more
#3 ·
I would really appreciate it if you would start a thread on the main forum about your little-known activities. Lawn mower racing is something I have not seen discussed on any of the forums that I have been involved with and I think that a lot of members would find what you have to say, very interesting. Please include as many photos in that thread as you wish to share. Those help a lot.

Thanks for joining.

How did you find us?

We've only been around for two weeks.

Tom

#7 ·
OH MY GOD!!!!! That is one of the most awesome customizations I have seen yet! A worker is a worker, a trailer queen is a trailer queen... but those are pure ass kicking speed and they look like they do that well. Cannot wait to see and read more. WOW!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :shock: :shock: :shock:

These look like Darrin's drawings come to life!!!!! Can't stop drooling!!!!!!!!

#10 ·
Thanks for all the great compliments! Both of us are in our 50's so the drivers are the weak link in our racing. We both have been banged up enough to slow us down alittle and the fear of God throttles us back some too. We both have to work on Monday so we can't be as aggressive as some. We have been doing alot of promotions for the sport lately so making them attactive is important. I had a booth at the Turkey Rod Run at the Daytona Speedway in November. That event attacts tens of thousands street rodders and racers from around the country. It was amazing how many people came over to check us out.

#17 ·
tanandorange, I have a pic of the two 108 we started with. They were built in 2005 for the stock class. In that class you run a 8:1 final drive ratio and the engine is governed at 3650. They run around 23 MPH. That class used more of the stock components. In the faster classes we use the frame and sheet metal and thats about it. The front axles are fabricated to have adjustable caster and camber. We use direct steer similar to a kart because the twins can reach speeds in excess of 50 mph very quickly on the right track.

#22 ·
I had to show the pics to my wife (the 108 owner in my house) and she thought they were cool, especially the tan and orange 108. Does the Sta-Bil series still wrap up with a final in Mansfield, OH? If so, I wouldn't mind going to cheer team Case on. My wife's friend and her husband went a few years ago and had a blast. Are there any videos with your tractors in them?
John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.