Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ingersoll Dealer
4,314 Posts
That's a serial number short a digit, but presuming it is 1719349x, then it was built after 2000. Records for specific years are not published after 2000, but I would judge in the 2001-03 time frame. You might be able to find the engine code information, including date code, which would put an earliest build date on it, but engines may have been built well before the tractor.

Brian

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a serial number short a digit, but presuming it is 1719349x, then it was built after 2000. Records for specific years are not published after 2000, but I would judge in the 2001-03 time frame. You might be able to find the engine code information, including date code, which would put an earliest build date on it, but engines may have been built well before the tractor.

Brian
Because I'm trying to find out no power to the switch if I power it with a power probe it gets power to the starter

·
Registered
650 Posts
With no power to the switch (key switch I assume), I'd recommend checking the fuse if you haven't done so already. Should be a ATC blade style fuse in a holder located under the hood in the left side of the dash tower. And check the condition of the fuse holder ... sometimes the contacts get loose or corroded.

If that all checks out okay, take a look at the wires (typically orange) and their connections that run from the positive battery terminal to the fuse holder and then from the fuse holder to the key switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts