Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 444 with several implements, one was a mower deck ( I believe they said it was a Toro) that they purchased for the tractor many years prior, but never touched it (looks to be in excellent condition with little to no use other than sitting in the elements for years). If it fits under the tractor ( haven't tried that yet ) I want to see if I can fab up the mounts and belt connection to work somewhat like the original CASE mower decks for this tractor.

Has anyone done something like this before? Can anyone provide pictures/measurements of a Case Mower deck, mounts & drive mechanism so that I have a better idea of how it connected and what I may need parts wise to attempt this?

This toro deck is a 3 blade deck that has a single belt connection on top to connect to the mower to power the 3 blades. It also has wheels front and back, the back wheels appear to be adjustable, haven't investigated beyond pulling it off the trailer so far. I will have to get some pictures & measurements of it and posted, but thought I would start here first.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I would start by checking any numbers on your deck to identify it. I would think that a Toro deck would be right hand discharge while your 444 would be left. If this is the case, I don't think you will be able to use your deck.

Case decks can be found fairly cheap around here. I don't know how much they cost in your area.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
It would be a real shame for you to carve up your Toro deck. Someone would be thrilled to have that.

Not saying it can't be done but you're asking a lot, to successfully retrofit a non OEM deck, that discharges opposite from the tractor's design. Even if there is room for the cross of the belt, getting the idlers and their spring tensions right and finding the right belt ... Almost needle in a haystack.

There is collectively, several thousand yrs of experience on this bd. Could be wrong but I can't think of a single time its been done.

Its true, there are no Case decks advertised near you.

However, using Search Tempest, and plugging in Case Mower Deck, I found 4, just now. I'm certain there are more and closer. One of them will ship it to you much faster and after the sale of your deck, possibly cheaper than the fab you propose.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I apologize for not responding to this thread earlier, I had not realized I started 2 of the same threads, so will avoid doing that in the future. Thank you for the info, I appreciate the responses. I have attached some pictures of the deck, and am inquiring about interest via the wheelhorse forum now.
Purple Motor vehicle Plant Wheel Pink
Motor vehicle Wheel Grass Gas Plant
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Wood Pink Gas Bumper Motor vehicle
Wheel Vehicle Agricultural machinery Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Grass Motor vehicle Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Plant Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
I apologize for not responding to this thread earlier, I had not realized I started 2 of the same threads, so will avoid doing that in the future. Thank you for the info, I appreciate the responses. I have attached some pictures of the deck, and am inquiring about interest via the wheelhorse forum now.
View attachment 104051 View attachment 104053 View attachment 104055 View attachment 104057 View attachment 104059 View attachment 104061
In my opinion, a very good decision.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.