Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone added a B48m oil filter assembly to a B43m. According to the parts books for various tractors there is a oil filter block off plate on 43's. I think it would be very good for these engines to have an oil filter added.You would have to modify the tin...but I think the blocks are all the same.Thoughts :think:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry to bring back an old post, but this is right in line with my current thoughts.

My B43M (-GA016/8622A S/N H833695907) would also like a filter :smile: . Does anyone have a picture of what to look for on the block? Is it possible to tell without pulling the cover plate? In not I guess I should order the gasket so I can check?

Thanks in advance for any insight, pictures or illustrations

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Snotrocket said:
I like the idea of having a filter to, but as it is with regular 50hour oil changes you're still going to get 2000+ hours out of an Onan.
And if you follow the recommended 25 hr oil change interval you'll probably get more hours. :sidelaugh:

·
Onan Master, new and used parts.
1,509 Posts
fhunter1
if you have a cast iron cover plate, held on by two bolts,
you should be good to go for a oil filter.
can you remove the # 2 side tin ( starter side )
and post a pic?
your S.N. tells me it should not,BUT the block may have been replaced.
see if the S.N. matches the # stamped at the rear of the block,
to the right of the points box,
happy new year.
thank you. boomer (the used onan engine parts guy )

·
Registered
19 Posts
I pulled the tin a few weeks ago and snapped the attached pictures. I didn't check to see if the cover was cast or aluminum.

Would it help if I pull the tine again and check the cover? The other option is to order a gasket and pull the cover.

Thanks again for the help

Frank

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.