Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice wkend here in OH, dismounted the blade, mounted the m-deck. Substituted shiny new ags for the turfs and chains.
Just moved in, and this was my first op to use the 446 on my "new" hills. Impressive power and traction while making windrows of the winter leaves. Cut firewood and brush and hauled in my new to me trailer. Tractor was mostly a hobby previously, as I lived on a postage stamp, now I actually get to use the thing. I am one happy Ingersoll owner. :grin: :grin:
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,002 Posts
99flhr said:
Nice wkend here in OH, dismounted the blade, mounted the m-deck. Substituted shiny new ags for the turfs and chains.
Just moved in, and this was my first op to use the 446 on my "new" hills. Impressive power and traction while making windrows of the winter leaves. Cut firewood and brush and hauled in my new to me trailer. Tractor was mostly a hobby previously, as I lived on a postage stamp, now I actually get to use the thing. I am one happy Ingersoll owner. :grin: :grin:
Sounds great. Not up to mowing here yet. But I am getting read to change over to summer oil. First outside project, I have been topping off my Leyland Cypress, you can almost watch them grow. Love to see some pics.......
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
412 Posts
Plowed a good part of the lawn under for a garden yesterday. Let the kids "hunt for rocks".
Next week (hopefully it dries out as we got rain today) till in some mushroom compost.

All in all I'm very happy to be outside, working with the dirt.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,618 Posts
99flhr said:
Nice wkend here in OH, dismounted the blade, mounted the m-deck. Substituted shiny new ags for the turfs and chains.
Just moved in, and this was my first op to use the 446 on my "new" hills. Impressive power and traction while making windrows of the winter leaves. Cut firewood and brush and hauled in my new to me trailer. Tractor was mostly a hobby previously, as I lived on a postage stamp, now I actually get to use the thing. I am one happy Ingersoll owner. :grin: :grin:
Everyone should take note of Randy's diabolical scheme. By purchasing a much larger property, Randy now looks like a genius to his wife for having bought the Ingersoll in advance. And with the larger lot, he has the room to put up a much needed 5000 square foot outbuilding that can be used as a workshop, machinery storage facility and general storage unit to keep the garage free for parking personal vehicles. At that point, he will be able to "fall into" a few more tractors without complaint because there will be plenty of room in the outbuilding for them.

NutCASE needs to take note of this plan before it's too late. :sidelaugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hydriv said:
Everyone should take note of Randy's diabolical scheme. By purchasing a much larger property, Randy now looks like a genius to his wife for having bought the Ingersoll in advance. And with the larger lot, he has the room to put up a much needed 5000 square foot outbuilding that can be used as a workshop, machinery storage facility and general storage unit to keep the garage free for parking personal vehicles. At that point, he will be able to "fall into" a few more tractors without complaint because there will be plenty of room in the outbuilding for them.
Actually I bought 2 "in advance" so.. I`ll tell the war dept that I`m twice as smart. ( yeah, that`ll work..)
I need to bring the 4020PS in from remote storage as my new neighbors seem to have some very spendy & impressive tractors, (serious case of "tractor envy" :sad:
"Had" to buy a chainsaw & backback blower Sat. :grin:
Additional outbuilding is already in the planning stage. :grin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,257 Posts
I am a little leary... It WAS a beautiful weekend here in Central Ohio, but I am gonna leave the chains and blower on the 155 for a while longer.. I have the tiller all ready to install when I do though...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
717 Posts
Yesterday afternoon I was sharpening my J-44 mower deck blades and cleaning and repainting the underside of the deck. This morning we were PLOWING 4" of that white shit here in Northeastern PA! Possibly more on the way Tuesday night into Wednesday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
412 Posts
Just rain here in SE pa. It's probably going to be another 2 weeks to dry out though. Glad I flipped the sod yesterday. Hope it doesn't just turn to muck! I should have my tiller ready by the time it dries out.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,618 Posts
It's funny to me how attitudes change in just a few months. In late fall and early winter, the forums are full of posts from guys champing at the bit for a big snowfall so they can test out their equipment. By the time late February/early March arrives, that lovely snow suddenly becomes "white shit". :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:
 

·
Site Founder
Joined
·
3,600 Posts
I took the doors and all the other winter parts off my cab this weekend along with the snow caster and now it's supposed to snow 3-6 tonight.

I'm just going to leave it in the driveway and let it melt.


The only thing I hate about spring is my lawn looks like a warzone right now and it's driving me crazy as it's still to wet to drive on.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,618 Posts
Patience is a virtue, Grasshopper.

There's nothing stopping you from using a leaf rake and recyclable paper bags to clean up areas your GT won't touch. Trees can be pruned as can bushes in flower beds. One does not always get to plunk one's ass in a seat and rotate an ignition key. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Hydriv said:
Patience is a virtue, Grasshopper.

There's nothing stopping you from using a leaf rake and recyclable paper bags to clean up areas your GT won't touch. Trees can be pruned as can bushes in flower beds. One does not always get to plunk one's ass in a seat and rotate an ignition key. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:
Sure you do, but first you have to demonstrate your incompetance in pruning things to the shape your wife wants so that she does it and that leaves you to use the tractor to collect the stuff so you can run it to the chipper, which is run off your other tractor. Then she gets mulch back for her flowers / bushes. And make sure you point out how much less crap you have in the burn pile or the side of the road on trash day because you made mulch out of the pruned material. Also point out how much you save by not buying mulch at the store. And if pruning incompetance isn't enough point out how dirty and noisy it is at the chipper so she doesn't want to do it, thereby leaving you with your machine tearing stuff up and not being able to hear her ask you to do something else because the ear muffs really do work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,648 Posts
Snotrocket said:
I took the doors and all the other winter parts off my cab this weekend along with the snow caster and now it's supposed to snow 3-6 tonight.
So it's YOUR fault! :shock: :lolno:

Got all that snow and it half-melted and is now all frozen. I don't mind snow (I like snow!) but real snow, not this stuff.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,002 Posts
Stewart said:
More snow, one our worst storms of the season. :headscratcher:
This might be Post 10,000. :thumbsup:
Stewart
Stewart: Feel bad because you always send that nice cool Canadian :canada: air south in the summer when its hot and humid. Maybe we could all get together and push that jetstream north and give you some nice spring weather! LOL
It's snow, sleet and rain here today. :thumbdown:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich
PS See you got a GT photo up in the album :thumbsup:
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top